➍➐

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟒𝟕
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Third person's POV
A couple of weeks later, Leeknow and Y/N headed for Italy. And even though he was looking forward to their time away, part of him wished he'd chosen a different weekend. Eunha would be three tomorrow another birthday when he wouldn't have the chance to see her or make a fuss of her or even talk to her on the phone to wish her a lovely day.

But this was going to be a new start for him, a way of doing something positive on that day instead of brooding and missing his little girl. And he didn't want to spoil Y/N's trip. He wanted her to love Italy and love his family as much as he did.

So he forced himself to smile and chatter about Italy and Lake Garda on the plane. Plus he'd arranged
to pick up a hire car at the airport that he knew he'd love driving, and hoped Y/N would find it fun, too. Y/N stepped out of the plane at Italy and the heat hit her like a wall.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N's POV
I stumbled slightly and Leeknow asked, "Are you OK?"

"Ye-es. I just wasn't expecting it to be quite this hot, quite this early in the day." I admitted.

"Apparently there's a heatwave sweeping across the whole of Italy, so it's a good ten degrees hotter than it usually is at this time of year." he said.

"Just as well I brought really light clothing." I said with a smile. "And I think we're going to need a lot of ice cream."

He laughed. "Great idea. Let's go and pick up the car."

"Oh, now that's seriously flashy."I said when I saw the bright red two-seater car, with its shiny wire wheels and soft top.

"This part of the world is made for cars like this, and today is the perfect day to have the roof down." he said. "Do you have a headscarf? Because you'll need to protect your head from the sun, and your floppy hat isn't going to work."

"No, I don't." I said.

"That's easily fixed." He shepherded me back to the shops in the airport and bought a headscarf for me.

Once I was sitting in the passenger seat with the headscarf and my sunglasses in place, he smiled at me. "You look like Grace Kelly." He said.

I laughed and said "Hardly, but thank you for the compliment. She's gorgeous."

"So are you."He complimented me.

"You're not so bad yourself, Dr Lee."
I said. But my heart gave a leap of excitement. I was happier with Leeknow than I could ever remember. And being out here in the sunshine, with the roof of the car down and the wind in our faces and the gorgeous scenery, was just perfect.

He plugged his phone into the car and put on some bright, summery pop songs, then we drove away from the city and through narrow roads flanked by olive groves, lemon groves and rows of vines.

It felt like being in the middle of a painting, and I loved every second of it. Hyunjin would've chosen a car like this because it was expensive. Leeknow had clearly chosen it because he liked the design of the car and enjoyed driving it. And that made all the difference for me, substance over style.
Leeknow definitely had substance.

Finally he pulled on to a very long track, at the end was a massive villa. "That's your grandparent's house?"
I asked

"It's the family house." Leeknow explained. "My aunts, uncles and cousins have apartments on the top two floors and Grandma and Grandpa have an apartment downstairs in the centre, along with the family rooms everyone uses."

Nerves flooded through me, but I didn't have time to ask Leeknow for any kind of reassurance because people were pulling out of the front door. Lots of people.

"Y/N, how lovely to meet you." Leeknow's grandmother said, greeting me with a hug.

"And you too, Mrs........" I said.

"Call me Grandma" She said with a wide smile.

I diffidently handed her the flowers I had bought at the airport that morning and the chocolates I had bought in Korea. "I, um. These are for you." I said nervously.

"That's so kind! Thank you." Grandma smiled. "You're just like what my daughter said you were. Now, you must call me Grandma and this is Grandpa."

I was introduced to so many people that I could barely remember everyone's name. But everyone welcomed me warmly, with a hug and I was swept into the kitchen.

"Coffee." Grandma said decisively. "And  Apple cake. You'll have a big piece because you've been travelling, and travelling makes everyone hungry."

I glanced at Leeknow, who spread his hands in resignation. Go with it, then,
I thought.

The coffee was excellent And the cake........I was speechless at how good it tasted.

"This has to be the best apple cake I've ever eaten."I said.

"It was still warm, and the cinnamon and apple topping complemented the fluffy sponge base perfectly. I made it for you this morning." Grandma said. "With our own apples."

After cake, Grandpa showed me round the garden including his prized roses and part of the vineyard while Leeknow stayed in his grandmother's kitchen for what looked like a serious chat, though I wasn't sure what they were saying as they were quite gfar from where I was.

I just hoped that I hadn't done or said anything to make the Lees disapprove of me, because Grandma looked concerned.