⑤⑧

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟓𝟖
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
"About you not being the right one for me. I meant what we did in Italy. Before I was really stupid in the evening, I mean." I said. "When we put our names the wall of Juliet's house and we kissed on the balcony."

I hadn't actually said the three little words on but I had made it as clear as it could be.

"But then you rejected me."She said. And the pain in her eyes made me suddenly realise. It wasn't just that I had backed away; it was that I backed away from her.

"I'm not Hyunjin. I'm not rejecting you because you don't meet some ridiculous notion of what my partner ought to be." I said.

"You rejected me." she repeated.

"No,It wasn't you. I panicked. And I couldn't find the right words to explain what was wrong and why I was being such an idiot. After Soojin, I went kind of inward on myself and stopped knowing how to talk about my feelings. I spent all the time smiling and telling everyone I was absolutely fine, when actually I wasn't."

I reached over and took her hand.
"I should've told you that, although I was finding it hard to get my head round it, what you said you wanted was exactly what I wanted too. And now I know that Eunha is happy, that I can see her from time to time, it's released from being stuck in one place. Given me closure. And now I can move forward and I know what I want. A partner I love, one who loves me all the way back and a baby to make our family complete. I admit it scares me, even though I know it's what I want because I've been there before and it went wrong and I don't want it to go wrong with you."

"It went wrong for me, too." she said. "Not the baby part I don't ever regret having Bora for my sister in law and I never will." She lifted her chin. "But I understand where you're coming from about telling everyone you were OK when you weren't."

"Because you did it, too?" I guessed.
She nodded.

"I'm not Hyunjin." I said. "I'm proud of you. Your priorities are in exactly the right place. And I know you're not Soojin."

"But how do I know you're not going to close off t me in future?" she asked. "That next time you're upset about something, instead of talking it over with me you're going to brood and push me away?"

It was a fair question and she deserved an honest answer.

"Because........." I said "it's different now. My head isn't in the same place that it was when we were in Italy. I've really missed being with you, and I've been miserable without you."

Right now, I could see in her expression that she felt vulnerable. So maybe I needed to take a risk. Say the words. Show her that I meant it.

"I love you, Y/N and with you the world's a much better place. It's a place where I want to make a family. Where I can see us growing old together,
watching our children grow up and then having our home filled with grandchildren. Though I'll be the one making cakes in the kitchen and you'll be the one teaching the little ones how to salsa." I said with a smile.

She looked at me, her eyes filled with worry. "I love you, too but it scares me."

"I'm not going to let you down again." I said "Before today, I didn't have closure and that was what got in the way in Italy. Now things have changed. Soojin's actually going to let me be part of Eunha's life. Not a huge part, but enough so I can see her grow up and know she's happy."

I looked at her and said "I want to be a family with you, Y/N. It'll be a blended family, but one full of love." I paused. "And I want a baby with you. Not a replacement for Eunha but someone for us both to love and help grow up."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N's POV
I was speechless at what Leeknow said.

A partner I loved, one who loved me all the way back and a baby to make our family complete. Everything that I had seen make her brother so happy and what I had only recently realised was what I wanted, too.

"Be a family with you." I said.

My doubts still clearly showed on my face because his fingers tightened round mine.

"I know this is a risk. I know that worries you. But I have your back, just as I know you have mine. So I'm going to ask you the question that makes me vulnerable, because I trust you and I know we can face anything together." He said.

He shifted slightly so he could drop down on one knee, and took a deep breath. "I love you, Y/N. I want to grow old with you and love you until my very last breath. Will you marry me?"

I could see the sincerity in his eyes. He knew this was a risk for me just as it was a risk for him. But it was one he was prepared to take.

Did I have the courage to join him?

He said he'd learned from the past. That shutting me out was a mistake.

I just had two choices:

Put a wall between us in the hope of keeping my heart safe and stay lonely; or I could give him the second chance he was asking for and look forward to the future together.

And he'd said it first. That he loved me. And he loved me for myself, not for my position as a doctor or my salary.

He had said I was an amazing woman with a huge, huge heart-the same way I felt about him.

And that made the decision easy.

I smiled. "Yes." that was my answer.

He whooped, pulled me to my feet, spun me round in a circle and then kissed me until I was dizzy.

"I won't let you down." he said when he finally broke the kiss. "I love you. And even when life hits a sticky patch, we're going to be all right-because we have each other."

Looks like I was finally able to Unlock his heart

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The END

Finally the story has ended......if you have reached till here....Thank you for reading.....❤️

Hope you enjoyed the story

There will be an Epilogue after this chapter........