①⑥

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟏𝟔
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N's POV

I shook myself from my thoughts and said
"Hi. Thanks for coming to help."

He'd asked me what I wanted him to do. My head was suddenly full of all sorts of inappropriate phrases but I managed to get a grip on myself said "There's a table over there with all the raffle prizes on it. If you wouldn't mind taping raffle ticket numbers to the prizes, and then folding the rest of the raffle tickets for the box, that would be great."

I handed him a book of raffle tickets and a roll of sticky tape. My fingers brushed against his and a shiver ran down my spine.

Was it just my imagination or had his eyes just widened slightly?

Maybe I am just reading too much into it? This really isn't the time or the place.

Tickets, I reminded myself sharply as I was slowly drifting my thoughts away.

I instructed him on how to go about."We're just using the ones on the right-hand side of the ticket page that end in a zero to stick on the prizes, but all the left hand tickets go in the box, folded so you can't see the number."

"Which means there's a one in ten chance of winning a prize. That sounds reasonable."he said, and went off to sort out the raffle table.

Changbin from the Emergency Department was helping the members of Day 6 to set up the stage and wire up the sound system ready for the sound check; the local pub was setting up the bar to one side of the hall and a stream of parents of their former patients came over to me to check where I wanted the food set out.

All the time, I was incredibly aware of Leeknow's presence.

This was crazy.

The last thing I needed in my life right now was any kind of complication. I was busy at work and with my studies, and Ii liked my life just as it was.

Yet a little voice kept echoing in my head. What if...? What if I could have what Jisung had? Someone who loved him and a family of his own?

I shoved the thought away. Apart from anything else, I had the strongest feeling that Leeknow had been hurt in the past-hence his insistence on not wanting a relationship. And, given the way my judgement had let me down so badly over Hyunjin,

How could I be sure that I wouldn't be making just as much of a mistake with Leeknow?

I was just going to have to ignore that little voice and listen to my common sense instead.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
Once I had sorted out the raffle tickets, I joined another team in setting out chairs for the people who'd just come to watch the dancing or who needed a break from the dance floor.

"It's really good of you to do this." Y/N said coming over to me. "I feel a bit guilty, roping you in to help when you've been working at the hospital for barely a couple of weeks."

"It's fine. I wasn't doing anything special weekend anyway-plus it's a nice way to get to know the team outside work." I pointed out.

"It's still appreciated." she said.

I had to muster every gram of professionalism when she smiled at me.

What on earth was the matter with me? It was anatomically impossible for your heart to go crazy, so feeling that it had just happened was utterly ridiculous. I need to get a grip.

"Is there anything else you need me to do?" I asked.

She shook her head "I'm just handing out the cash to the hospital-run stalls, and then I'm going to change into my dancing shoes."

"Then I'll do my best to sell raffle tickets." I said.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Do vote and support ❤️😊