④②

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟒𝟐
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N's POV
"You're amazing.That's a very brave thing to do." Leeknow said.

"I love my sister in law. She is like a real sister of mine. And as I said, Bora was always hers. Jisung and Ara was there every step of the way, from holding my hand in the clinic when the eggs were harvested and later when the embryos were transferred and during the thirty-minute waiting time afterwards, through to taking the pregnancy test, every single scan, and the birth itself. Ara was the first person to hold Bora after she was born, the person who cut the umbilical cord, the person who did the first feed with the milk that I'd expressed. As far as I'm concerned, she's Bora's mum biologically, morally and legally." I said. "I know it's a bit complicated, but they're my family and I love them. Bora's eighteen months old right now. When she's old enough to understand, we'll explain to her everything. That Ara just borrowed my womb so Bora could grow."

"Eighteen months old. The same age Eunha was when I last saw her."His eyes were sad. "It's a lovely age"

"It is. She chatters a lot. And she loves dancing and messy play and making cookies obviously the baking bit is with her mum rather than with me, but if I'm off duty I get to go swimming with her and Ara, and it's just magical watching her grow up." I smiled. "And the best bit is seeing my twin so happy and fulfilled. With the life he always wanted with his wife. The life that they both deserves."

Leeknow put his arms round me. "Someone very wise once said to me that sometimes this works better than words."

"It does." And knowing that this time I had picked one of the good guys one who was as far from Hyunjin as you could get was like a weight lifted from my shoulders. I held him close. "So now you know."

"And I'm sorry." he said. "I guess what happened with Soojin has made me a bit paranoid. I thought you were keeping some deep, dark secret."

"I kind of was." I said. "And I'm sorry, too. I know you're nothing like Hyunjin, but I was so scared you'd judge me. Especially because you lost Eunha and I didn't want you thinking that I'd just blithely had a baby and given her away. Bora was never mine to start with." I smiled. "I might be a tiny bit biased, but she is the most gorgeous niece."

"You're not the first who hasn't wanted to tell me about a baby." Leeknow said. "My little sister didn't want to tell me she's expecting but I guessed when she was helping me clear up after Sunday lunch and she was gagging at the kitchen smells."He grimaced. "She didn't want to tell me because she felt as if she was rubbing it in. I told her not to be so daft and I'd was better be the first person she asks to babysit."

I pulled back slightly. "Has anyone ever told you how nice you are?"

He laughed and said"You're nice, too. You're a hustler and you're bossy but there's a sweetness about you. Not cloying and sickly but lovely. You make the world feel as if it's certainly full of sunshine."

"That's how you make me feel, too."I said

"That....."he said "sounds almost like a declaration of intent."

I wasn't ready to say the three little words. But I was ready to think them. "Maybe." I said instead "you'd like to meet my brother and sister in law? They really wanted to meet you."

"I'd like that." he said. "And maybe you'd like to meet my family, too. It's large, Italian and noisy and close like yours sounds."

I nodded. "Let's call them."

"We'll call them now..." he said "and then we'll get some food."

"That sounds great....." I said.

Looks like Jisung and Ara will finally get to meet Leeknow.........