④⓪

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟒𝟎
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N's POV
"Bora?" he asked. "Your niece?"

I nodded. "She's why I took that year's leave." And now for the hard bit. "I was a surrogate mum for my sister in law because she couldn't have a child of her own."

I was almost afraid to look into his face, just in case I saw the same disapproval she'd faced from Hyunjin. But I made myself do it. I had to look twice because I wasn't quite sure what I was seeing

"You took a year out of your life because you were being your twin's wife surrogate mum?" he asked. And then he said something I wasn't expecting. "That's the most amazing, selfless thing I've ever heard."

I was shocked. "You don't think I was stupid? Naive and..." The words choked me.

He reached across the table and squeezed my hand "No, I don't. That's the most incredible gift to give
anyone a child. Why would you think I'd judge you like th-?" He stopped. "Your ex, right?"

I nodded. "I know you're not him but..."

"But thanks to him, you've lost faith in your own judgement and you don't trust yourself or anyone else get that. Y/N, we all make mistakes. I've certainly made enough of them but I'm telling you now that what you did for Ari and Jisung wasn't one of them. It was a rave, kind and selfless thing to do."His fingers tightened round mine. "You don't have to say anything more.
You don't owe me any explanations."

He didn't think the same way Hyunjin had. He actually approved of what I had done. He thought I had done the right thing. And that gave me the courage to carry on.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have judged you. Or expected you to react the same way Hyuniin did."

"It's fine. If it makes you feel any better." he said "I was feeling worried that you might be keeping a secret from me like the way Soojin did. Though now I know with you it's the other way round you were giving a baby, not taking one away."

"I kind of understand why Soojin did what she did even though I would have handled the situation very differently." I said. "I would never have taken a baby away from anyone."

"Wasn't it hard to hand the baby over, though, when she was born?" Leeknow asked. "You'd carried her for nine months. Bonded with her."

"She was always Ari's baby not mine" I said. "Yes, of course I felt that rush of love that you hear mums talking about when Bora was born. But I'm also a doctor. I knew what the hormones were doing to my body, and right from the start I thought of Ari as my brother and sister in law's baby. She's my niece, and she's a joy to have in my life. I love being her aunt and spending time with her seeing my brother's little girl growing up and exploring the world and I see Jisung and Ari in her all the time. Though Ari caught herself since feeling all wistful and wondering what it would be like to have a baby of
her own and a partner to share that love with."

"So how come...?" Leeknow stopped. "Sorry I didn't mean to grill you. You don't owe me any answers."

"And you're not judging me." I said.

"No. Not at all. Though I'll listen if you want to tell me. And everything you tell me." he said, echoing what I'd said to him on the beach "will be strictly in confidence."

I knew he'd chosen those words deliberately to give me courage, the same way I'd tried to give him courage to talk.

"Can we... Just not here?" I asked.

"Sure. Go to the bathroom or something and I'll sort everything out here."

"Sorry. I ruined dinner."I bit my lip.

"You didn't ruin anything. It's fine. I'll make us an omelette or something back at mine if you want to eat later, or we can grab a kebab on the way somewhere."

"Thank you." I really appreciated how kind he was being. I would never have believed he could be so understanding about the situation. Though I knew it was wrong to let Hyunjin's behaviour colour my judgement of all men.

I felt relieved that everything went well. With his reaction and support I felt comfortable sharing my story with him.

I went to the bathroom and splashed water on my face then joined Leeknow by the reception area. "Let's go." he said and I nodded.

He took my hand and we left the restaurant.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

As they finally learn about each other's past......
Are they willing to start off fresh again in a relationship.....??

Do vote and support ❤️😊