➊➒

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟏𝟗
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N's POV
There was a round of applause and then the clearing away started. Everyone worked together, moving tables, chairs and the few bits of unsold stock. The band and the DJ cleared away the sound systems and their equipment.

I wielded a mop an bucket to make sure that the school's sports hall was left spotless.

"Thanks, everyone." I said when it was all done."I've really appreciated your help tonight."

"Can I give you a hand taking that home?" Leeknow asked, gesturing to the box that contained all the pro ceeds from the night.

"I'm definitely not walking about with all this money. I've booked a taxi." I said. "You're very welcome to a lift, if you're on my way home."

Leeknow looked shocked at my offer.

"Actually, come along anyway. I owe you a drink for giving up most of your day and all of your evening" I said.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
"It was my pleasure. You don't owe me anything." I said as Y/N thanked me.

But then my mouth seemed to be working to a different script to the one in my head, and I heard myself saying, "Though I'll wait with you until the taxi arrives. I know you're perfectly capable of looking after yourself, but you've got tonight's takings with you."

"You're right-I'd rather not be on my own with that sort of money." she said. "Thank you."

It was only a few minutes' wait; and then some how I found myself seeing Y/N home in the taxi.

And yes if you are guessing I took her offer of going with her in the taxi.

"Come in for a glass of wine." She said.

My mouth was really on a roll, because instead of making a polite excuse I found myself agreeing.

She ushered me into the kitchen and put the box from the danceathon on one of the worktops.

"What would you prefer red or white?" She asked.

"Whatever's open." I said.

She peered into the fridge. "Pinot Noir." She paused"is that OK?" She asked.

"It's fine." I said.

She poured two glasses and handed him one before lifting her own in a toast. "Cheers, and thank you again for your help."

"My pleasure." I said as I took a sip of the wine.

Clearly I made a face, because she asked, "It too sweet for you, isn't it?"

"It's fine." I fibbed.

"You said most of your family use to live in Italy". She bit her lip. "Please don't tell me they have a vineyard"

"I'm afraid they do." I said.

"And they've won awards for their wine?" she guessed

I nodded. "Bardolino chiaretto."

"That's red, right?"she asked.

"Red's the most famous Bardolino wine."I said "and pefect for summer evenings."

"Sorry, I'm afraid this isn't award-winning stuff. Though it's very drinkable in summer."She said with a somewhat guilty smile.

To be honest the wine was way too sweet for my tast but I was not going to make her feel bad.

"It's fine." I said with a smile.

"Given that there were really only snacks att danceathon. I ought to offer you a very late dinner" she said, "but I'm afraid all I have in my fridge is s salad, plus some ready-made pasta sauce and dried pasta in the cupboard. Not really much to treat you a good dinner."

Her kitchen didn't look like a cook's kitchen looked more like the kind of place where she sat and chatted with friends over coffee and cakes that she'd bought from the local bakery rather than made her self. There was a cork board on the wall with lots of leaflets pinned to it, dozens of photographs were held to the fridge with magnets and I'd just bet the mantelpiece in her living room was crammed to bursting with photographs in frames.

"You've been literally rushed off your feet for the last six hours, not to mention setting up and clearing away again. I don't expect you to make dinner for me." I said .

This was my perfect cue to go home.

Common sense said that I should go home. Now. But part of me really wanted to stay. To get to know Y/N better.

I found myself saying "But I could cook for you, if you like."

She blinked. "Hang on. You're offering to cook for me?"

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Chef Leeknow slowly making its entry into the story........

Hope you all are enjoying the story..

Do vote and support ❤️😊