②④

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟐𝟒
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

YN's POV
"Y/N."he said when he answered. 'I wasn't expecting you to call me."

"About yesterday......" I said. "I was rude and I apologise."

"No, you were honest and that's absolutely fine."he said.

" The thing is... I was wondering if you're still free for lunch? Because we could..." My throat dried. "Have lunch. As friends."

Oh, why was it so hard to get the words out?

I sounded like an inarticulate teenager.

"Lunch as friends would be nice."he assured.

"Not a date."I checked.
"Not a date."he agreed.
"Didn't you say you walk
your dog at weekends?"

"Yes but I've already done that this morning"I replied.

"Then we could meet at the tube station at, say twelve." he said.

"Twelve it is." I said. "See you there." And I ended the call before Ii could change her mind and make a fool of myself.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Third person's POV

Attwelve-after changing her mind half a dozen times about what she was going to wear, going from pretty dress to smart trousers to jeans and back again-Y/N met Leeknow at the tube station

Her heart actually skipped a beat when she saw him in the distance and be smiled and raised his hand to tell her he'd seen her. This could be really dangerous to her peace of mind. She hadn't reacted to anyone like this since Hyunjin. But she knew she needed to put the past behind her. This was the first step.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N's POV
"How was your dog-walk?" Leeknow asked when I reached him.

"Half of it was playing ball in the park, so Bbama did most of the work, running to fetch it and bring it back to me," I said with a smile. "But I think I've worn him out more than usual today."

""It's nice of you to walk him and make time for him too."he said.

"It's really nothing though. I really care for my dog and since on the other days I am quite busy so I make sure to always take him on a walk in the park every weekends." I explained.

"That's really nice" he said with a smile."So what made you change your mind?" he asked.

"About lunch? I was hungry." I said trying to make an excuse.

He simply looked at me and I grimaced. "OK. What you said last night when you said there was something about me."I stumbled over the words."Maybe there's something about you that draws me too. But I have to be honest. This whole thing scares me. I wasn't looking for a relationship. "

"You're not alone," he said. "I wasn't looking for a relationship either. And this scares me as much as I think it scares you." He said.

I took a deep breath and said "I'm guessing someone hurt
you . And I'm not going to push you to talk about it."

He nodded. "I'm guessing someone hurt you, too. And I'm also guessing that what you just said means
you don't want to talk about it, either."

"Correct."I replied.

I wasn't ready to tell him about Bora but I could tell him about Hyunjin.

"Bare bones picked the wrong guy and he gave me an ultimatum. It was an easy choice. But I was pretty shocked he'd taken that attitude. He wasn't the man I thought I'd fallen in love with, so I don't trust my judgement any more."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
Maybe I'd got it wrong about her possibly taking a sabbatical for a pregnancy and then losing a baby, I thought as she explains her reason.But what kind of man would give an ultimatum to a woman like Y/N?

I mean I didn't know her that well and she could have massive character flaw-but I don't think so. Her ex sounded like a control freak.

To reassure her, I said "Just so you know, don't do such assumptions easily."

Seeing that she'd shared a confidence and shared a bit about her past I felt that I ought to do the same. Not the whole messy story but enough for her to know that I had also picked the wrong one for me.  I hesitatingly started......

"My ex-wife left me for the love of her life."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

What could be Leeknow's story about his broken relationship.....

Find out in the next chapter...

Do vote and support ❤️😊.