③⓪

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟑𝟎
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N 's POV
"I think I've made the right decision, Bbama."I told the dog when we went to the park the next morning. "Leeknow's really lovely and yes, he does make the room feel different when he walks in." I ruffled the dog's fur. "But we're taking it slowly, just getting to know each other. I know I have to tell him about Bora but......."I wrinkled my nose. "Maybe not just yet."

Once Bbama and I made it home I dropped him off and headed to the shops to find something nice to take with me this evening. I browsed in the local chocolatier's and found some thing I hoped would be perfect, then bought a couple of bottles of wine from the posher shelves at the supermarket. After which I head back home.

Once I reached home,I wash my hair and change into a dress.

At seven precisely, I stood on Leeknow's doorstep and rang the bell He answered immediately. "Hello." He was wearing a smart casual shirt and chinos, and looked utterly edible. My pulse speeded up a notch.

Though he'd invited me for dinner and I couldn't actually smell anything cooking.

The doubts must've shown in my face, because he said "I've done all the prep for dinner, but it takes just ten minutes to cook and I've cheated with the bread and bought the sort you just heat through in the oven- because my bread-making is on about a par with my dancing."

I liked his honesty. Hyunjin would've bluffed his way through it and made out that he'd been slaving away in the kitchen all day. Hyunjin liked to impress; 'my girlfriend, the doctor' brought him kudos, in his eyes, whereas 'my girlfriend, the surrogate mum' most definitely hadn't.

I pushed the thought away and smiled. "You're still one up on me, because I can still cook simple dishes, remember?"

"Hmm." Leeknow kissed me hello and even though it was a relatively chaste kiss it still made my knees go weak

I hadn't felt like this about anyone since I was a teenager, and it was scary and exciting at the same time. I forgot to ask you if I should bring red or white wine, so I played it safe." I handed him a bottle a each.

"You really didn't need to do that." He said.

"Yes, I did-it's my contribution to tonight. Oh. And this." I handed him the box of chocolates that I bought . "Though it just a small gift.Hope you like it."

"Thank you. These are my absolute favourites. "He said.

Oh, I am so glad that he liked it.

" I hope you don't mind eating in the kitchen but I don't have a separate dining room." He inquired.

"It's fine."I said. "And I get to watch you cook,so it counts as dinner and a show, right?"

He laughed. "Now you've said that, I can definitely do you a show. I have a whole range of terrible jokes, half of which were taught to me by seven-year-olds."

I laughed back. "I bet they're very similar to the ones that some seven-year-old patients taught me. Which means they're really terrible."

"Let's see. Why did the bicycle lean against the wall?" he asked.

I grinned. "Because it was two-tyred. Actually, that's one of my favourites. She paused. "I have one for you. Knock, knock."

"Who's there?" he asked.

"Cows go."
"Cows go who?" he asked.
"No, silly. Cows go moo." I laughed.

He groaned. "That's absolutely awful!"

Then his gorgeous brown eyes crinkled at the corners and my knees went weak again.

"I'll remember that, next time I have a patient who's scared of needles and needs distracting. Thank you."He ushered me into the kitchen.

"Can I get you a drink?" He asked.

"Yes, please. Whatever's open."I said. He took a bottle from the fridge. poured me a glass and gestured to me to sit at the table.

" This is really nice" I said after the first sip."I assume it's a Lee family wine?: "Yes.,it is. Actually, I helped pick the grapes for this particular vintage."he replied.

"There aren't many people who can say that about the wine they drink," I said.

There were two chopping boards on the worktop next to the cooker, one with a pile of chopped vegetables and one with a pile of what looked like chopped scallops. There were a couple of saucepans on the hob, a jug of stock and a couple of bowls with
ingredients in.

"Are you hungry? Is it OK for me to start cooking?' he asked.

"Sounds perfect." I said with a smile.
"I would ask if there was anything I can do but it's probably safer for me to sit here and let you do the magical stuff"

"No problem. "He glanced at his watch, then poured boiling water over the pasta; next, he switched on the oven and put the bread in to heat through; and finally he heated butter and began to sauté the chopped garic and onions. Within two minutes, the kitchen smelled heavenly. Leeknow was a very deft cook but I had already seen the way he'd worked in my own kitchen so I knew what to expect.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Do vote and support ❤️😊