𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟑
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
"I need both of you for the next case." Yeji said when Y/N and I emerged from seeing our last patients.

"Kim Yujun is three. He fell on the stairs an hour ago and cut his forehead."

He must have fallen so badly to need stitches rather than glueing the cut together or Yeji wouldn't have asked for both of us to see the boy.

"Let's go and have a look at you and sort out that cut, Yujun." I said with a smile as we went out to see the little boy.

Yujun looked anxious and shielded the cut with his hand.

"I don't want to. It hurts."Yujun mumbles

"I promise you we'll try our best to stop it hurting." I said, crouching down to the little boy's level.

"Do you like cars?"I asked

Yujun nodded solemnly and clutched his mother's hand.

"So do I. Tell you what, while I'm looking at your poorly head, do you want to look through all my pictures of cars and see which one is your favourite?"
I asked convincing the boy to get his check up done.

Again, Yujun nodded.

"That's great. I'm Dr Leeknow, and this is Dr Y/N. And I promise we're going to make your head feel much less sore." I said as I smiled at the little boy.

I took a pack of cards from his pocket and handed them to Yujun.

I then straightened up and looked at the little boy's mum "Are you OK, Mrs Kim ?" She gave me a smile and said "Just about. There was awful lot of blood. That's why I brought him into the emergency department and they sent us up to you."

"Head wounds always bleed a lot, and they always look much more scary than they really are." I said to reassure her.

"Do you know how Billy banged his head?" Y/N asked Mrs.Kim

"He tripped while he was going upstairs and he banged his head on one of the treads."Mrs Kim said.

"We see lots of children who've done exactly that." Y/N said reassuringly.

"Was he unconscious at all
after he banged his head, or has he seemed woozy since then or wanted to go to sleep?" Y/N asked continuing her interrogation on the case.

"No. He started crying the moment it happened." Mrs Kim replied.

"Probably from the fright he gave himself, as well as the pain of the cut." Y/N said.

"But it's good that he wasn't unconscious or woozy-that means he prob ably doesn't have concussion. I know it must've been a real worry for you but, as Leeknow said, it's a lot less serious than it looks. Would you like to sit on the bed with Yujun while we take a look at his cut and do a couple of tests?"

"Yes,Sure" Mrs Kim replied.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Third person's POV
Between them ,Leeknow and
Y/N took a closer look at the cut-a long gash, To check how serious and deep the cut was

"I'm happy that we're looking at a straightforward cut rather than concussion or anything to worry about." Leeknow said.

"It's quite a big cut, so we're going to need to put stitches in. But I promise it's not going to hurt, Yunjun. I'm going to put some magic cream on your head so you won't feel anything when I mend your cut, and before that I'm going to ask Dr Y/N to help you to breathe in some gas and air. It's a bit like the stuff you get in a balloon when you've been to a party."

"A balloon?" Yunjun's eyes went round with amazement.

"Will I go up in the air?" Y/N clearly heard the slight panic in his voice.

"No, sweetie. I promise you won't. You'll still be sitting there right next to Mummy." Y/N reassured the little boy.

"And meanwhile you have a job to do,"Leeknow said gesturing to the cards Yujun was holding.

"Have a lookthrough these cars and tell me which one is your favourite."

"Okay" Yujun said as he beamed a sweet smile at Leeknow.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Leeknow's seems to be very good in handling kids.....What do you think??

Do vote and support ❤️