➎➐

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟓𝟕
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
After my shift, I waited by the main entrance to the hospital. And waited. And waited.

I glanced at my watch. I knew Y/N wasn't the sort to be deliberately late and I didn't think she'd just not turn up, so she was probably still with a patient.

She was meticulous at work, kind and caring.She was kind and caring outside work, too. Even though we weren't getting on right now, she'd still noticed that something was wrong and still
offered to let me talk to her, unload whatever was upsetting me.

Right now I had a lot to say. Starting with a massive apology. I just hoped that she'd listen to me and not shut him out eventhough I knew I was being a massive hypocrite because I had shut her out.

Eventually she came rushing up to me. "Sorry,sorry. I was late. I........."

"Patients come first." I cut in gently. "It's not like a job where you can close a file for the evening and come back to it tomorrow."

"No. I just hoped you didn't think I'd..." She grimaced.

Just abandoned me? That wasn't Y/N.

"Of course I didn't. Thank you for meeting me." I took a deep breath. "Shall we go somewhere a bit quieter?"

"Good idea." She said.

We headed out to the nearby park, and found a quiet bench in a corner.

"First of all......."I said 'I owe you a massive apology for what happened in Italy. I know I hurt you, and I'm sorry for that. That really wasn't my intention."

She winced. "It was my own fault. I expected too much. I shouldn't have said anything."

I shook my head. Of course it wasn't her fault and of course she hadn't expected too much.

"It's not that at all." I grimaced. "I should've told you it was Eunha's birthday before we went. Actually. I probably should've arranged our weekend away for another date, one where my head wouldn't have been in the wrong place. Stupidly, I thought that being with you and my family and keeping myself busy, would mean I wouldn't brood about not seeing my little girl on her birthday for the second year running and I was wrong."

"I wouldn't have said what I did if I'd known it was her birthday." Y/N said.
"I know it's hard for you to deal with what happened."

I nodded "I find it hard to talk about Eunha, about what a black hole it was when Soojin left. I could just about accept that she loved Seungmin so much, it took over her feelings for me and that was why she cheated on me. That hurt, but I came to terms with it. But I couldn't accept not having my family any more. Not being a dad, when I'd loved it so much. And when you talked about having a family, all I could think about was how it felt to have that all ripped away from me."

"I'm not Soojin." she said softly.

"I know and you'd never take a child away from someone. I know you're not like that. You've got a huge, huge heart and you're an amazing woman." I said.

"But I'm not the woman for you. It's OK. You don't have to say any more. I get it." She said with her face was filled with sadness. "I hope you find the right one for you, Leeknow, because I'd hate you to spend the rest of your life
feeling lonely. Even though Soojin said in that email she'd let you see Eunha, she also made it clear that Eunha isn't your daughter. That maybe you'll be like an uncle or a godfather or something but Eunha already has a dad and she doesn't need another one."

Hard words but I knew I needed to hear them. And I also knew that Y/N was right.

"All I wanted to know is that she's happy. That Seungmin's being a good dad to her and bringing her up with as much love as I did." I said. "And you're right. I'm not Eunha's dad. Maybe one day she'll know that I was her dad for a little while, while Seungmin wasn't there. But just knowing she's happy, seeing her from time to time ,that'll be enough for me. And I realise now that's what's been missing from my life. What's kept me stuck and unable to move on with anyone else."

"OK. Well, if you want some moral support when you meet up with Soojin, you know where to find me." She said.

I was amazed at how generous she was being. "You'd do that for me, even though I pushed you away?"

Even though she thought I had rejected her?

"Of course." She said with a small smile.

"It's like I said. You've got a huge, huge heart and you're an amazing woman"
I said.

She sighed "You don't have to over egg it, Leeknow."

"I'm not. I'm trying to tell you that you're wrong about something." I said.

She frowned. "What?"