𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟔
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N's POV
"What about You?"he asked.

"Well....I trained here in Seoul, and I chose paediatrics for the same reason as you.I like kids and I really love making them better. My parents and my brother all live here in Seoul, about half an hour away from me and I'm also single and not looking for a partner." I smiled. "Which means that you and I can be friends."

"Is this part of the proposition?"he checked.

I laughed "Absolutely not. But we're a close-knit team on our ward and we do a lot of things together. Team nights out for pizza and ten-pin bowling, cinema, picnics on the beach in summer that sort of thing. It's kind of like having an extended family. Partners and kids come along to half the stuff and it's lovely."

He looked stunned for a moment thinking about something deep. But he quickly shook himself. I may not know what he has been through in the past but I try reassuring him that he has picked a really nice place to work.

"Sounds good." he said, forcing himself to keep his tone light.

I raised my coffee mug at him. "Welcome to the team. I think you're going to love it here as much as I do."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
I hope so, too, but I'd reserve judgement until I'd been here a while.

"And the proposition?" I asked once again.

"I'm on the ward's fundraising committee. A week on Saturday, we're holding a six-hour danceathon to raise money for new toys for the ward." she explained.
"People pay a fixed sum to enter and they can be spon sored either for a flat fee or for each hour they stay on the dance floor."

Now I understood what the proposition she meant.

"You want me to be one of the dancers?"

"If you're not on duty, then yes, please."she said.

"I'm off duty."I said

"Good." She smiled."It should be easy for you. I have heard from Dr.Kim Seokjin that you were a wonderful dancer?"

"That...." I said "Well I use to be but it has quite a long time since I have danced."

"It really doesn't matter how badly you dance, as long as you raise some money for the toys. It's going to be fun." she said.
"And you'll get to hear Day 6 play."

"Who are Day 6?" I asked.

"They're pretty much the hospital's house band they play at a lot of weddings and special occasions." she explained. "Half of them are from the Maternity ward Wonpil in the piano and Young K on bass-and from our department there's Sungjin on guitar and Dowoon on drums. They're fantastic."

"They're playing for the whole six hours?"I asked

"Probably for about half of it." She said.

"Changbin, one of the porters in the Emergency Department, is a DJ when he's not working here, so he's doing the other half of the music for us. We're holding the danceathon in the local high school's sports hall; one of the local pubs is running a bar for us and donating the profits from the night, and a few of the parents of children we've treated heard what we're doing and offered to sort out the food for us. Plus we've sweet-talked a few local businesses into donating raffle prizes, everything from nice toi letries to chocolates to vouchers towards a meal."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Third person's Pov
Leeknow had the strongest feeling that she was downplaying her own role in this. Clearly it was some thing she'd been deeply involved in, something close to her heart.

"I'm more than happy to sponsor someone."he said.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Seems like they are in the same page of not wanting to start a new relationship......??

What must have really happened to both of them that it's stopping them from opening their heart again......

Do vote and support ❤️😊