①④

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟏𝟒
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
"Three years, then. I'm surprised you're not through all your exams already" I said.

"That's because I took a year's leave." she said.

"Leave? That too for a year" I asked shocked but in a soft and gentle voice,

Something really serious must have happened to her to take a leave that long. I had the urge to ask her but was hesitant as her reasons might be personal.

I had seen Y/N work with the patients. I knew she was competent and also she was confident enough to admit when something was outside her experience,as Yuna had been today. So I didn't think she'd taken a year off because she'd been struggling with her work and needed to think about her future.

So why had she taken a year's leave?

Maybe she took the leave to have a baby?

Though, in my experience, when my colleagues had children, they tend to talk about them.

Y/N hadn't said a word about having children of her own.

Maybe she'd had a child, then lost it. I knew how that felt, and I didn't talk about it.

Am I just thinking too much??

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N 's POV
The way he reacted took me off guard and suddenly I felt

Hyunjin's voice echoed in my head:

"You're going to be a surrogate mum for your brother's wife? That's the most stupid idea I've ever heard. What about your career? What are people gonna think about you?How can you throw all that away just for a kid that you're not even keeping?"

I felt an ache in my heart remembering that day. I was wrong to think that Hyunjin would support me in this.

I didn't think Leeknow was anything like Hyunjin but the situation wasn't exactly the easiest to explain. I didn't want him thinking that either I was a saint-because I was far from that or 'the naive idiot' Hyunjin had called me when I'd refused to give in to his words.

"Life throws up unexpected stuff, sometimes." I said with a smile, trying to drive my mind away from the issue.

"Very true." he said.

"Life can be unexpected. And sometimes it takes you a while to pick yourself up and dust yourself off again. If you want anyone to test you on stuff before the exams, give me a yell."

"Thanks. That's kind." I said and smiled at him.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Third person's POV
Leeknow had to damp down the urge to lace his fingers through hers and suggest something more personal than simply exam revision. This was ridiculous though as they'd both said that they weren't in the market for a relationship.

Even though he was very curious to know about the cause of her leave

He wasn't going to push her about it. Besides, she'd hit the nail on the head about his own situation.

It reminded him of the situation he was in.

In his case, it had been something he'd been too naive and stupid to work out for himself. That his wife had cheated on him with her ex, and the little girl he'd believed was his was actually another man's daughter.

After all the drama in his life, he had lost his capacity to trust.

Yet something about Han Y/N drew him.

Her warmth, her aura, her kindness. In fact her everything.

He was going to have to be careful about this though he thought. Really careful.

Because he really didn't want to risk his heart again.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Leeknow seems to be feeling a strong attraction towards Y/N.....but his past experience seems to be stopping him from taking any further step.....

Will he be able to fight this?

He also seems to be curious about the long leave taken by Y/N.....
Will he be able to find out the reason?

Do vote and support ❤️😊