➋➎

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟐𝟓
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
"The love of her life"...well thats what I thought was me.

How wrong I'd been. I didn't want to tell Y/N the rest of it-I didn't want to face the kind of pity that had soured my shifts at the States but maybe this way she wouldn't feel so alone.

And it felt strangely healing to say it out loud: that Soojin had left me for the man she really loved. That she'd married me without really meaning her vows. That she hadn't loved me as much as I'd loved her.

"So we've both made mistakes," she said. "And learned from them." She looked at with a small smile.. "So. No pity."

"No pity."I agreed.

"And we'll see how things go." she said. "No promises."

"That sounds good to me. Where would you like to go for lunch?"I asked.

"That depends. I was thinking." she said "maybe we could do something after lunch too."

I smiled "I'd like that. Do you have something particular in mind?"

"Yes...maybe the amusement park or the movies?" she asked.

"That sounds good." I said.

We made our way to a nearby restaurant and took a seat nearby the window.

Once we were settled at their table,
Y/N ordered smoked salmon fishcakes with a green salad, and I chose seasoned chicken with mashed potato, green beans and heirloom tomatoes. The food was amazing,

"Wow !!the food is so delicious...," Y/N said after her last mouthful.
Looking at her in this state reminded me of Soojin and Eunha.

After Eunha had been born, Soojin had become really fussy about food convinced that she needed to lose weight when she was perfectly fine as she was. It was a really nice change to have lunch with someone who enjoyed what they ate, I thought. True, Y/N had asked the waitress to swap the sweet potato fries for a green salad but that was an exception. For her it was about balance rather than self-sacrifice.

With Soojin, after Eunha's birth nothing had seemed to be right. I'd tried to be patient and I'd talked in confidence to an obstetrician friend about the possibility of postnatal depression and how to help her. And all the time I'd had no idea what was wrong. She wouldn't tell me and I hadn't been able to reassure her that whatever it was I would be there and we could work it out together.

When she finally told me about Seungmin everything had fallen into peices.

I felt so betrayed. She had cheated on me and she  married me without really loving me.

It had taken me quite a while to come to terms with that. Finding out that Eunha wasn't my daughter had been hard but I could've dealt with that.

I had fallen in love with the baby the second  I first held her. Even if I'd had a rough day at work, going home would make things all right in my world because I knew she'd beam at me the moment I walked in the door, holding her chubby arms up to me in a demand to be picked up.

"Dada" had even been her first word. I adored her and she loved me all the way back.

Finding out that I wasn't actually her biological father had made no difference to my feelings about Eunha. She was still my daughter in my eyes.

Losing her  made me feel as if I have been dropped down a deep dark well.

I tried to tell myself that Soojin was doing the right thing making a family with Seungmin-her ex and Eunha's natural father.

And of course there could be no room for me in that family. It would be way too confusing for the little girl not knowing who to call "daddy": the man who'd brought her up for the first eighteen months of her life, or the man who was her biological father and now lived with her mother.
Plus Soojin and Seungmin had moved to a place too far for me to drop in to see Eunha after work on a weekday.

I just hoped that Seungmin would be  proper and good  father to Eunha. Loving her and protecting her from any hurt, splashing about in a swimming pool with her and telling her bedtime stories-the kind of father I had been to her.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Leeknow must have been so broken after what Soojin did to him......

Will he be able to get through the pain...?

Will Y/N be able to help him get over his past.....?

Do vote and support ❤️😊