⑤⓪

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟓𝟎
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N's POV
"OK?" Leeknow asked, his fingers tightening round mine..

"OK." I fibbed.

"It's fine. He and Miyeon will love you."he said, as if guessing at my worries. "Mum's already texted me to say that Grandma called her and told how much everyone loved you at the villa."

Chan's wife Miyeon greeted us at the door and showed us to our table. "We're so glad to meet you, Y/N."she said. "Chan will be out to see you with dessert and Emily our daughter is your waitress tonight."

"Thank you." I said. "It's lovely to meet you too. And the restaurant is gorgeous." It was very plain, with soft wall lighting: the tables all had plain cream damask cloths and a single bright red gerbera, teamed with dark wood chairs with cream padded seats.

"Chan wanted the customer's attention on the food, not the decor." Miyeon said, following my gaze.

"Well......that was a smart choice." I said.

Finally I got to taste the amazing dishes.Leeknow had ordered the tasting menu, so there was a variety of food that I got to taste.

"I can see exactly why your father has a Michelin star." I told Emily.

The pasta with butter and truffles was equally gorgeous, followed by cod with a sesame crust, spinach, creamed beans and wasabi mayonnaise.

And then finally Chan came out to see them, bringing us the panna cotta with passion fruit. "It's been too long, Leeknow." he said, enveloping Leeknow in a bear hug. "Welcome to Italy, Y/N. I hope you're enjoying our city." He gave me a hug.

"Your food is utterly amazing." I said. He grinned. "Thank you. Leeknow says you have a good palate but you're hopeless in the kitchen and even
I couldn't teach you how to boil water."

"That's about right. I 'm still quite a beginner in cooking...." I said smiling back. "Washing up I can do, though. Or pouring a bowl of cereal and mixing in some yogurt and berries."

Chan laughed and said "Well, as long as you enjoy eating. That's what matters."

"Oh, I do."I said with a smile.

"See. I told you. Flashy dabs of sauce." Leeknow said, pointing to the plate.

"That's coulis, to you, Lee Minho. Dabs, indeed. I'll have e you know it's artfully done." Chan said but he was laughing rather than appearing offended.
"How do you like the city, Y/N?"

"It's a really nice place."I said.

"And yesterday you met Grandma, Grandpa and the rest of the family?"He asked.

I nodded. "At the vineyard."

"It's a good place."he said. "I'm needed in the kitchen but maybe Leeknow will bring you back for a longer visit, next time, so Miyeon and I can spend some proper time with you."

"I'd like that."I said. "I will." Leeknow promised.

When we had finished our coffee and food, we said goodbye to Chan,Miyeon and Emily, then walked along the river before finally heading back to the hotel.

We sat on the wrought-iron chairs on the hotel's balcony, sipping Green tea and chilling out under the stars.

"Thank you for bringing me here to meet your family." I said. "I know your parents pretty much pushed you into it."

"I'm glad that they did. Well that's how my family is....." he said. "But their hearts were in the right place. They adored you and they wanted the rest of the family to meet you and adore you, too."

"I like your family. And I like the fact that you're all so close." I rested my head on his shoulder. "I've been thinking. You know you asked me how hard it was to give up Bora and I said to you it wasn't that difficult because I always knew she was Ara and Jisung's. I
knew most of my feelings were due to pregnancy hormones? I don't think I was entirely honest with you or with myself. I always did think of Bora as Ara's baby rather than mine and that hasn't changed but now I know I want something like that for myself. A partner I love and who loves me all the way back, and a baby to make our family complete."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
I had been thinking along similar lines, particularly when me and Y/N had stuck the note with their initials onto the wall at Juliet's house. But now she was actually saying it out loud, a rush of panic flooded through me.

Y/N wasn't like Soojin. She'd been open about the difficulties with her ex and I knew she'd been the one to away. I knew that Y/N would never, ever take a baby away from anyone. For pity's sake, she'd given her twin and his wife the most precious gift of all-she'd carried Bora for Ara.

But the panic just wouldn't go away. The last time I had committed to a family life, it was suddenly pulled out from beneath me.

And today was the toughest day of the year for me. Eunha's birthday. I had hoped that this year wouldn't be as bad as last year, that if I filled my time thoroughly and spent it with people I loved it would stop me brooding. Yet now it all slammed back. The loss. The sadness. The lack of closure. Not knowing how she was and if she was happy.

I wanted to move on, I really did. But today was the one day of the year I found really hard. A day when I didn't want to think about anything too monumental and taxing something as massive as the idea of starting another family. Everything was suddenly so overwhelming that I couldn't think straight and I couldn't think how to
explain it.

I was silent for so long that she twisted round to look up at me. "Leeknow? Are you OK?"

"I... I can't do this"