②⓪

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟐𝟎
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
"My dancing skills might have slowly disappeared but my cooking skills are still going strong." I said with a proud smile.

"That's so great." She said. "My family use to always teases me that I could burn water. Ari-my sister insists on cooking for me on Monday nights so she and my brother knows I eat one proper meal a week." She looked at me and frowned. "So I started learning from her...and I should say I have quite improve..." She gives a small smile.

"You said your family owns a vine yard. Do they own a restaurant as well?" she suddenly asked.

"Um, yes. Two or three. And a couple of hotels." I replied.

She groaned. "Then I am never, ever offering to cook for you."

I laughed. "Just because my cousin happens to be a Michelin-starred chef, it doesn't mean we're all that standard."

She looked at me. "Your cousin serious Michelin star?"

"Yes. But Chan is very down to earth,"I protested." He just likes good, fresh food that's cooked well and presented well."

She raised an eyebrow. "I bet none of your family dares cook for him."

"He's a chef, not a critic. If a meal is cooked for him with love, he'll eat it and smile, even if it's absolutely terrible."I grinned. "Though the next morning whoever cooked it will get a quiet private lesson on how to make it better in future. Little tiny tweaks that you can remember easily and make a huge difference to how edible the finished dish is. Chan's one of the good guys." I smiled. "And he taught me to make great pasta sauce from just about anything."

"Well, if you really want to see what you can do with an almost empty fridge, be my guest." She spread her hands. "But don't say I didn't warn you."

"Let's have a look at what's there." At her gesture of permission I looked in her fridge.

There was some olive oil margarine, cheese, some spring onions and tomatoes that were past their best, half a bag of tired looking spinach, and a bulb of garlic that had started sprouting. Not brilliant, but I could work with it. And I wasn't going to use the jar of sauce either.

"Do you have any fresh chilli?" I asked though I was pretty sure what the answer will be.

"Nope."She rummaged in a cupboard. "How about chilli flakes? I've never actually opened them. Ari probably bought them for me. Oh! wait..."

I had to smother a grin as she checked the sell-by date and gave a visible sigh of relief. "It's OK.They're still in date."

"Good. All I need now is a sharp knife and a chop ping board, a grater, the pasta-oh, and two pans, please." I instructed.

A bit more rummaging in the cupboard, and she produced the dried pasta, a chopping board, a grater and two pans.

"The knife's in the drawer next to the sink. Don't you need the jar of sauce?" She asked.

"No," I said with a smile. I put the kettle on to boil water for the pasta. "We've got about ten min utes until dinner,"I said once I'd poured the water over the pasta.

"Sit down and relax." I grimaced. "Sorry. I didn't mean to be bossy and take over. It's your kitchen."

"It's fine,"she said. 'It's nice having my own personal chef." She gives a wide smile.

And actually it felt good to cook for someone again. I'd loved making pasta sauce for Eunha helping her feed herself and smiling as she smeared tomato sauce round her face and asked for more. "Mato, Dada!"

While the pasta bubbled away, I chopped the tomatoes, spring onions and garlic, added them to the pan with the margarine and sautéed them, then added the chilli flakes and the spinach to let the leaves wilt. Finally I grated the cheese.

Y/N had set the table while I was cooking. I tested the pasta then drained it and divided it between the two large pasta bowls she'd got ready, added the sauce, and sprinkled the cheese on top.

"Here we are." She took a mouthful and her eyes widened with pleasure, the way Eunha's used to.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Leeknow's seems to be reminded of his past.......
His past that had broken him to open his heart for someone new....

What must have really happened that he was so broken.....

Do vote and support ❤️😊