➎➌

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟓𝟑
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N's POV
"Please come and sit down." I said, ushering the woman over to the cubicle.

"Obviously I've seen the note from your family doctor, but I always like to hear what my patient's parents have to say, so can you tell me how Eunha has been, Mrs Min?"

"She's always been healthy, apart from the odd cold that everyone gets. But a month ago she went off her food, started sleeping more than usual and she seems to be breathing really fast." She stroked the little girl's hair. "I took her to our family doctor he said he thought it was a bug but she didn't get any better so l went back. He referred Eunha for tests."

"You said she's sleeping more than usual. I know she's only nineteen months old but does she say she's tired or do you just notice her getting more tired th usual when she does everyday things?" I asked.

"She doesn't seem to have as much energy at toddler group as used to, and she seems to get out of breath quickly." Mrs Min said. "We do one of those baby gym classes, and she's been a bit clingy with me there, wanting to sit on my lap rather than doing what the others do."

I made a note Breathless, tired...
"Can I examine Eunha?"

"Of course." Mrs Min said.

I noticed a slight dilation around Eunha's ankles and abdomen. The little girl's pulse was slower than she would like and the number of breaths Eunha took per minute was more than average, too. This was starting to look very much like a heart problem.

"I'm going to check the oxygen levels in her blood. What happens is that I put this little clip over her finger and there's a beam of light to measure the oxygen levels" I explained. "It won't hurt her."

I wasn't happy with the oxygen saturation levels, either and when I listened with the stethoscope, Eunha's heart sounded much too slow.

"I'm going to send Florence for a chest X-ray." I said.

"You think there's a problem with her chest?" Mrs Min asked.

"I think there might be a problem with her heart but I want to do some more tests to be sure." I said."You can go with her to the X-ray department and be with her and if you've got any questions at any point. then please ask, because that's what we're all here for."

When the chest X-ray results came in, they really worried me. Eunha's heart looked big. It seems a bit serious.

Should I go ask Leeknow or the Senior doctors about this.......?

Before seeing Leeknow again, I wanted a second opinion.

But when I went to find one of the senior doctors, of course the only one available would have to be Leeknow.

Well, my patient came first. Even though I would rather work with someone else, I just have to put my feelings and talk to him. Be professional and cool the way he was with me. And I did at least respect him as a doctor. He was quick and knowledgeable. He was kind to the patients and their parents putting them at their ease so they could ask questions instead of looking things up on the Internet and worrying themselves even more.

Come on Y/N leave behind your feelings. This is about your patient not you.

I took a deep breath and rapped on his open door. "Sorry to interrupt but there isn't anyone else around. I need a second opinion on one of my patients, 'Eunha' "

Leeknow looked up to have a eye contact with me.

The colour drained from his face.

"Eunha?"