➍➌

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟒𝟑
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Third person's POV
Predictably, both families jumped at the chance to meet. So, the following Saturday morning, Leeknow met Y/N at her flat with wine and other small snacks.

"You really don't need to bring anything just for lunch with my family."she said.

"Yes, I do." he corrected. But part of him felt ridiculously nervous. Would Y/N's family like him? In a way, meeting them would be like most important job interview he'd ever had.

Once they'd taken Bbama for his run in the park, Leeknow and Y/N caught a Taxi to Jisung's house.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
"Jisung's obviously my twin, this is Ara and Bora .My mum and my dad." Y/N said, introducing them swiftly.
"Everyone, this is Lee Minho."

"Please call me Leeknow. And it's lovely to meet you." I said, shaking shaking all of their hands and smiling at little Bora who went all shy on me and clung to her mother. "Jisung, thank you so much for inviting me to lunch." I handed him wine and snacks.

"My pleasure and thank you for these." Jisung said, smiling back. He glanced at the label. "Lee? Is that as in your family?"

"It's from my family's vineyard." I explained. "And Leeknow helped pick the grapes for that particular vintage." Y/N chimed in.

"That's impressive." Jisung said. "Come on, let's go to the kitchen and tell me how you like your coffee. I will make it for you"

I glanced at Y/N, who just spread her hands and smiled. Well,if it was OK with her, it was OK with me.

"I know Y/N's told you about Bora." Jisung said,as we reached the kitchen.

"Your sister......." I said "is an amazing woman."

'I'm glad you realise how special she is." He said with a smile.

"I do and I'm not Hyunjin." I said, though I was pretty sure that Jisung would know his twin had told me about her ex.

"Hyunjin!" Jisung grimaced. "I don't even wanna hear his name.The less said about him, the better. He had hurt my sister a lot. I really wish I could beat him up for making my sister cry that night  but I couldn't. Y/N stopped me from doing so."

"Agreed." I said. "And you obviously already know she's meeting my family tomorrow"

"That means it's serious, for Y/N." He said.

"And for me too." I said. "I really want this to work."

"Me, too. She deserves someone who'll be good to her" He said.

"That would be me." I said softly.
"I assume she told you everything about me ?"I asked.

Jisung nodded. "I'm sorry you've been through some thing so hard. Even the idea of not being able to see my daughter........" He caught his breath. "Well. Are you sure you're okay with Bora being around?"

" Apart from the fact that my entire working life spent with children." I said
"I have a niece and nephew I adore who are almost the same age Eunha. I've been looking forward to meeting Bora. But thank you for asking. I appreciate it."

"It can't be easy for you. I know how bad it felt when I was told about Ara's hysterectomy. Ara and I were planning to try for a baby, the following summer. And when the adoption people turned us down......... "

I could see the tears sparkling in Jisung's eyes. "But Y/N was there."I said .

"And she gave Ara and I the most precious gift of all." He blinked the tears away.

"Let's change the subject to something that's not going to make you cry." I said. "Something smells very good. What can I do to help?"

"Just tell me how you like your coffee."He asked.

"White, no sugar, please."I said.

"That's easy the same as the rest of us. I'll bring it out in a second. Now go and chat to the others." He shooed me out of the kitchen.

It was surprisingly easy to fit in with
Y/N's family.. I enjoyed talking history with Ara and medicine with Y/N 's parents. I even talked about some random music stuffs with Jisung and I could see for myself how close Y/N was to Bora. They clearly adored each other, as aunt and niece, and Y/N was right at the heart of her family.

Han Y/Nwas a woman who would never betray the man she loved or take his child away.But there was still a tinge of sadness in my heart.

Y/N was very much part of Bora's life, whereas I was completely blocked out of Eunha's.

I shook myself mentally. Today was about getting to know her family, not fretting about my past.

Leeknow just forget the past for now