⑤②

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟓𝟐
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N's POV
What had I done wrong?

Maybe it wasn't something I had or hadn't done. Maybe it was simply who I was. Hyunjin had rejected me, too.

I didn't think Leeknow would have rejected me because of the surrogacy; he seemed absolutely fine when he met my family. And he even said how much his family liked me. His grandparents wanted me to come back, his cousin had teased me but in a way that made me feel I was part of the family.

But Leeknow himself clearly wasn't ready for this. He might never be. I had been the one to push it, last night.

Buoyed by the way he'd looked at me at Juliet's house, the way he'd put a note with our initials on the wall, I told him straight out that I wanted a family.

Too much, too soon; OK I hadn't known that it was Eunha's birthday yesterday, but I had known how much he missed his little girl and how hard he found it to let go of the past. I had been carried away by the romance of the city, opened up to him about what was in my heart when maybe I should have waited. I had fallen too hard and too fast for him and this was the result. Utter misery.

Now I knew my mistake. And I had to keep things professional between us in future.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
I drove us to the airport, glad that having the roof of the car down meant it was too noisy to talk to each other. It was the best excuse I could come up with .Y/N had completely backed off from me.It was my own fault and I knew it. I had been the one to push her away. Then again, she knew my
situation. If she'd really wanted to be with me, she wouldn't have let me push her away. So maybe taking things back to a professional relationship only was the best thing for both of us.

She was to be the reason I would have been able to move on from my past to start a new beginning but..........

I just had to spoil everything.........

I really hope everything will go back to normal..........

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N's POV
Working together on the ward was awful. Leeknow was perfectly polite and professional towards me at the hospital; but I knew a whole other side of him, and I found it hard to reconcile the warm, sexy, gentle man I dated with the cool, closed-off doctor I worked with now.

I was pretty sure everyone else on the ward had noticed the coolness between us, though thankfully nobody seemed to be gossiping about us.

I wouldn't know how to explain what really happened between us.

And of course Jisung wanted to know how everything had gone in Italy, as had my parents. I deliberately hadn't told them that I had come back to Kotea a day early and because I wasn't supposed be home on the Monday night I managed to avoid my usual dinner with Jisung and Ara on the grounds that I was in Italy. Being busy with work and my exercise classes during the rest of the week meant I got a breathing space until the weekend before I saw my family face to face, so I was able to fudge things and talk happily on the phone to them about how nice Leeknow's grandparents were and how beautiful Italy and the area around it was.

I was telling them the truth just not the whole truth.

The truth that me and Leeknow weren't a couple anymore.

The truth that I had blown it.

I still hadn't found the words to explain to my family by the middle of the week, when I was rostered onto the Paediatric Assessment Unit. Thankfully, Leeknow had ward rounds and clinic, so I knew I wouldn't have to work with him and face the awkwardness between them that day.

I sat in my ward waiting for my next patient.

A worried-looking woman stood up, carrying a toddler.

I look through the register to have a look at the patient's name.

"Min Eunha?"