➌➐

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟑𝟕
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
"The test proved beyond all doubt that Seungmin was Eunha's father."

"That's..." Y/N shook her head as if unable to find the right words. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that."

"Me too." I said softly. "I couldn't contest Soojin for custody because my name had never been on Eunha's birth certificate and she had absolute proof that Eunha wasn't my child. Bringing her up as my daughter for eighteen months counted for nothing Soojin and Seungmin moved away and she said it would've been too confusing to keep me in Eunha's life."

"But so many blended families manage to deal with having more than one mother or father. Surely it wouldn't have been that difficult?" Y/N asked.

"That wasn't the way Soojin saw it." I said with a frown.

Does Soojin at least let you know that Eunha is okay?" Y/N asked. "Does she send you photos, so you can see Eunha growing up?"

"No. She insisted on a clean break as part of the divorce settlement."

And that was the bit that hurt the most. I could just about handle the fact that I hadn't been Mr Right for Soojin, that she'd cheated on me with the man she really loved but losing my daughter  felt like being flayed alive.

" I hope for Eunha's sake that Seungmin really has turned his life around and he's a good father to her." I raked a hand through my hair. "I did go to see her parents but they said Soojin was their daughter so they had to stand by her wishes and support her. Obviously that didn't help me but I understand where they were coming from. " I grimaced. "Short of hiring a private detective, I have no way of knowing how Eunha is getting on."

And how I hated that. I really wanted to know how my daughter was doing.

"'She'll be three in a few weeks time. And I won't even be able to wish her a happy birthday" I said.

She squeezed my hand. "That's hard. I'm so sorry!"

"I don't want pity, Y/N."I said

"I'm not offering pity."she said. "I'm sad that you've been so hurt and to be honest I'm pretty angry on your behalf that Soojin didn't try to find a better compromise. Why didn't she tell you when she did the pregnancy test that she'd met up with Seungmin again and she wasn't sure if the baby was his or yours?"

"Maybe she was scared that I'd walk away as soon as she told me she'd cheated on me, so she'd end up being alone and would find it hard to cope with the baby" I said with a sigh. "When she realised she was pregnant, Seungmin had already been taken into custody and the evidence against him was watertight. And she didn't actually know whether the baby was mine."

" It was a difficult situation for both of you." She said.

"I wouldn't have walked away from her. Yes, of course it hurt that she slept with her ex but we could've got past that. I would've supported her. I'm not..."

" Not like my ex." she supplied. "You're one of the good guys. And I'm sorry you got hurt like that."

I shrugged. "I guess at least she didn't lie on the birth certificate." But that was a very small consolation.

"I don't know what to say." she said.

"There isn't anything I can do to make it better. But thank you for trusting me." Thank you for listening."I thanked her.

This time she wrapped her arms round me. "This isn't out of pity. It's a hug, because sometimes that's better than words." She said as she hugs me.

I hugged her back. She was right. This was what I needed the  most at this precise moment. We stayed there for a while just holding each other and then she said "I also have a very English answer for right this very second. A cup of tea."

I couldn't help smiling. "That......" I said, "would be good."

"With scones. Warm ones."she said "Jam or cream first?" I asked.

She spread her hands. "I can never decide so I split mine between the two."

Funny how just being with her made my heart feel lighter. Her solution of a cream tea really did make me feel better. As did the fact she asked me to stay when I drove us home, that evening. If I'd gone back to my own place, I would have lain awake and brooded. Instead, I fell asleep in Y/N's arms, feeling lighter of spirit than I had since Soojin left. There would always be a Eunha-shaped hole in my life.

But right now Y/N had made me feel so much less alone.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Leeknow has finally revealed his past....and he seems to feel comfort with Y/N.........

Do vote and support ❤️😊