𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟓
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's Pov
My eyes widen as she asked me that question.

Was she asking me out?

I didn't have a problem with a woman taking the lead and asking a man out but considering we only just met, this is too fast for my liking. Or am I just overreacting.

"For lunch, that is."she added swiftly as she noticed my shocked state.

"As this is your first day, if you don't already have plans, then you're very welcome to come to the canteen with me if you'd like some company and someone to show you where things are." She added.

Not a date, then: a colleague simply being kind and offering to show him around his new place of work.

I could manage that. "Thanks. That'd be nice."

"Don't thank me just yet." she warned.

"Why?" I asked, confused.
"Is the food not very nice here?"

"It's nothing to do with the food." she said. "Actually, I'll buy your lunch. My treat for your first day at work. And besides I have a proposition for you"

I was once again shocked at her reply.

I should say Y/N is gorgeous as well as bubbly, with her mop of curls that she wore pulled back in a scrunchie on the ward, wide brown eyes and ready smile.

I liked the way she'd been with their patients and their parents: kind, clear and sympathetic.

But, after what had happened with Soojin and Eunha, I wasn't up for falling in love again and getting my heart well and truly trampled on.

This is my new start, and I intended to focus on my job and not my personal life.

"Proposition??" I asked carefully.

"I'll explain over lunch. Meet you back here after your next patient?" she asked.

"OK." I said.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Third person's Pov
At the canteen, Leeknow chosed a sandwich, fruit and coffee, and Y/N did the same.

"You really don't have to buy me lunch," he said while as Y/N paid for his food as well.

"Oh, but I do."she corrected "because I want you to feel ever so slightly grateful to me."

Was she being manipulative? That was pretty much how Soojin had been with Leeknow. Except Y/N was being up front about it instead of hiding secrets. Well, he'd try to keep an open mind and listen to what she had to say before he made any judgements.

He'd had completely the wrong idea about his marriage, think ing that he and Soojin were happy. But things hadn't. been what they'd seemed; he'd lived a lie for nearly two years before Soojin had finally cracked and told him the truth about Eunha. Though he kept that particular black hole behind high walls and barbed wire.

Once they'd sat down, he asked
"So what's the proposition?"

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N 's pov
My eyes widened.
"Hang on, aren't we supposed to be doing all the usual pleasantries first? Like, where did you train, what made you pick paediatrics, does. your family live near, that sort of thing?" I asked trying to change the subject.

He shrugged "OK. I trained in Italy, I picked. paediatrics because it was my favourite rotation when I was training. My parents, brother and sister all live in Italy at the moment but my parents are thinking of moving back to their roots in Korea when my father retires and I'm single. Most importantly." he added

"And I'm not looking for a partner."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Leeknow's seems to be strong in his motive to not start a new relationship.

What do you think will be Y/N's reaction??

Do vote and support ❤️