➊➐

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟏𝟕
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
When the danceathon started, I was surprised to discover just how good the band was. With such talent they could easily make a career out of it.

Changbin, one of the porters in the Emergency Department was the DJ who did an hour's slot between each set the band played and inbetween sorting out the music.The band and the DJ all joined in with the dancing.

"You've done more than your fair share on the raffle, Leeknow. I'll take over while you take a break. Go and have a dance."Yeji said with a smile, taking the box of tickets and the cash box from me.

It looked as if I didn't have much choice, even though dancing really wasn't something I wanted to do at the moment . I stood on the edge of the dance floor  moving awkwardly to the music and wondering how long I'd have to be there before I could justifiably go back to the raffle table.

Y/N was there beside me which I did not noticed earlier.

"Hey! You've finally come to join us on the dance floor?" she asked.

"Yeji bullied me into it. I did warn you that my body has really become stiff as I have not been dancing for a long time." I said with a smile.

"Really..?? But you are doing pretty well though." she said with a grin. "Come on you are not that bad... let's have fun."

No, it wasn't. I felt like a fish out of water.

"Besides it's harder to follow the dance since I have never done Salsa before?" I asked plaintively.

She smiled "Not to salsa?? I promise the steps aren't so bad. Stand opposite! me and I'll show you. I'll slow it down for you so we do it at half the speed until you get the hang of it. This is the first step they teach you in class-the side basic."

I stood opposite her knowing I was just about to make an idiot of myself.

"Now, you're going to mirror everything I do."she said.

Mirror everything. I noticed that she'd changed more than just her shoes, as she'd suggested earlier: the faded jeans and ancient T-shirt she'd worn while setting things up had been replaced by black trousers and a strappy top. And her shoes were clearly proper dance shoes, red and glittery. Somehow I wasn't surprised that Y/N had chosen such a bright, sparkly colour. They went perfectly with her personality.

"Stand with your left leg bent, and keep your right leg straight." she instructed
"Shift your weight to your right leg." Just the same as she was when she gave instructions at work, I noticed. Clear, concise and making things easy to follow. I really liked that about her. Yet, at the same time. I was wary. I didn't think she was the sort to hurt other people but then again I'd believed that about Soojin and how wrong I'd been there. I'd kept all my relationships very strict and restricted  ever since to make sure I wouldn't get hurt again.

But Y/N tempted me more than anyone I have ever met.

Her warmth her sweetness.

Yet I was pretty sure that she, too, had been hurt in the past. The way she'd avoided talking about her long leave was a big clue.

Maybe we could help each other.
Or maybe they'd just make things worse and I should just leave it.

I shook himself, realising that she'd spoken to me.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N 's POV
As I was teaching Leeknow the steps I could fell him intensely staring at me.I felt very small under his gaze. My heart strated beating rapidly.

"Sorry, I missed that. Would you mind running through it again?"He asked as he snap out of his gaze on me.

"Sure. Take a step to the left with your left leg." I said, "rock back so your weight's on your right leg again, and close your feet. The beat's one, two, three and-hold."

Mirroring what I did, he managed to do it with out tripping over.

"Now repeat it the other way." I said. Again, I talked him through it and slowed it down so he could I follow.

"Brilliant. Now we put them both together-in danc ing everything's a count of eight. So it's one, two, three, hold, five, six, seven, hold."

He couldn't quite follow my arm movements but he managed the feet and I was quite  pleased.

"Perfect." I said "We'll make a dancer of you again. You are quite a fast learner. As expected of a dancer. There's a back-and-forward one as well."

I guess it sounded a bit too much for his confidence level as I could see the smile in his face disappear.

"Let's just leave it at the side one," he said. "No problem. We'll stick to the side basic." I said with a smile "Ready?"

He counted the beats. One, two, three, hold. And then somehow he was dancing with me.

Really dancing, not just moving randomly.I could see that he was slowly enjoying it and I was glad.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Their bond seems to be igniting slowly by slowly.......
Will they be able to get over their past and maybe start a new chapter....?

Do vote and support ❤️😊