➍➊

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟒𝟏
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N's POV
We walked by the river until we found an empty bench, then sat down. Leeknow simply waited until I was ready to talk, not pressuring me.

I took a deep breath. "When Ari was twenty seven, she was in a serious car crash." I began. "She was driving up to Busan to spend the weekend with her bestfriend from university, having a fitting for her bridesmaid's dress but she never got there. A lorry hit her on the motorway and her car was pretty much squished. She had serious internal injuries, with a ruptured womb. Her ovaries were damaged too and they couldn't stop her bleeding in Theatre. It was a choice of giving her a hysterectomy or losing her completely So obviously Jisung opted for hysterectomy. And we were all there, too to support him - me, Mum and Dad."

"A hysterectomy is a horrible thing to happen when you're that young." Leeknow said. "It takes away a lot of your choices."

I nodded. "Ari and Jisung had planned to start trying for a family, the following summer. She was devastated Leeknow, when she realised that couldn't ever happen. But she got over the operation and recovered from her injuries and then she and Jisung applied to be put on the register for adoption." I grimaced. "Except the authorities turned her down. And also the expenditures were too high.They tried explaining their situation and convince the authorities to make some compensations but they were rejected." I shook my head in disgust. "I hate the fact that some faceless bureaucrat could take away their dreams like that. If only they understood their problem. It was obvious to the rest of the world that Ari and Jisung would both be brilliant parents." Anger at the injustice flooded through me. "Ari and Jisung tried again to convince them but even with the social worker's help, they lost the case". I shrugged. "So then it hit me. I was the one with the answer I could be Ari's surrogate and carry a baby for them.I was devastated to see my brother and sister in law in that situation. So I thought by being a surrogate I could help."

"That's an amazing thing to do for someone" Leeknow said. "To give them their dreams."

"Jisung is my twin. If something similar like that happened to me he would've done the same for me!." I said.

"It's still amazing." He replied

"It was an arrangement between me and Ari and we opted for IVF. The IVF team prefers surrogate mums to finish having their own family first before they carry a baby for anyone else because of course there are always risks with a pregnancy and we didn't know whether I'd even be able to carry a baby to term. But we argued that we were a special case."I said. "Because I'm Jisung's identical twin, this would mean we'd be having a baby who was genetically the same . The IVF team insisted that we had counselling first, but it was all fine. Our family and friends supportive well, nearly all of them were." Ii looked at him. "The only problem was Hyunjin, my ex."

"Why didn't he want you to do it? Did he want you to have a baby with him first?" He asked.

"No. It wasn't that at all. He couldn't see that I was making the world all right again for Jisung and Ari."my lip curled. "He saw it in terms of losing all my promotion prospects at work, the sheer cost of the IVF treatment even though Ari and Jisung paid for that and the amount paid was lower than the actual amount since we didn't had to hire a surrogate with me taking the role but Hyunjin still thought of it as money. He had problem with the amount of salary I'd be losing if I took that long leave."

Leeknow winced. "That's appalling way to look at things."

"You're telling me. And, when I argued that none of that was important." I said, "he said he'd end things between us if I went ahead. I was so angry, I told him I didn't want to be with someone like him anyway?" Bile rose in my throat. "Then he accused me of making the most stupid idea and said he would be embarrassed at people reffering to me as his girlfriend?"

Leeknow stared at me. "You're kidding."

"Sadly not." I gave a hollow laugh. "This was the man I'd actually been considering marrying. But don't want to be with anyone who has no compassion and sees everything in terms of money and who turns spiteful if you disagree with him. So I walked away"

"Good. Because he sounds like a totally selfish idiot and he wasn't good enough for you."He said trying to comfort me.

I rather liked the fact that Leeknow was fighting my corner and was supporting me.

"Thank you for well, for understanding why I did it." I said with a small smile.