Chapter 21

It is now the following morning, and Alex is already up and awake, making herself and Kara some coffees and breakfast for them to enjoy. Alex knows that after what happened yesterday, she is going to have to have a difficult conversation with Kara. Alex knows that Kara still carries a lot of trauma from what happened to her while at university, and a part of Alex absolutely hates herself for what happened to Kara. Alex did have absolutely nothing to do with it, but she felt she should have been there for her sister, because at the time they were at the same university, it was just that one evening, Alex didn't go out with Kara, because she decided to stay in and study instead.

Flashback

It is now a few years ago, Kara's third year at National City University. So far, over the last few years, Kara has really been enjoying herself, and having fun, living her life. This includes Kara enjoying being an alpha, which she has really been truly embracing for basically the first time in her life. Since coming to university, Kara has really learnt what it means to be an alpha, and how to act around omegas and everything. This has led to the blonde having many many one-night stands with eager omegas, and even some betas. It does help that Kara is part of the National City University soccer team, so this has meant she has kept herself in pretty good shape, and is very muscly, which includes her having a six pack, which a lot of omegas drool over.

Over the last few years at university, Kara has made multiple friends, some from the soccer team, and others just from classes that she attends. Although, admittedly, most of Kara's friends are other alphas, simply because that is just how things are at university. It would almost be scandalous for an alpha to just hang around with omegas. In fact, if it were to happen, it would usually lead to a controversy, because most alphas at university would only be doing that to try and use their pheromones on the omegas, as it is in these times at university, where everyone is really exploring and understanding their bodies. This includes both alpha and omegas understanding how their pheromones work, and how to use them.

Even though Kara has made some friends at university, she also spends a lot of time with her sister, Alex. Kara has been able to do this because even though she and Alex study completely different things, the two sisters did end up going to the same university. However, one thing that Kara is aware of right now, is that as this is her and Alex's third year at National City University, it will also be their final year of being together. This is because after this year, as Alex is studying to become a doctor, the redhead is moving across country, to Metropolis, to complete her studies. The plan is then for Alex to move back to National City once she finishes her studies, so that the two of them can live in the same city together again.

The knowledge that Alex is going to be moving away at the end of this university year has made Kara feel a bit uneasy at times. This is because, ever since Kara came into the Danvers come, after her parents died in a fire, she has always clung to Alex. Alex has been her rock, and her emotional support. The two of them have honestly not spent more than a week apart from each other since Kara first moved in. So, this will be a big change for Kara, and one that she is not looking forward to. However, because both sisters know that this is going to happen at the end of this year, they have taken steps to make the transition be a bit easier. This means that while Kara and Alex did live together in their first and second years at National City University, for their third year they have made the decision to live apart, so Kara can get used to it. Although, in reality, it is really Alex making these decisions for herself and for Kara. Also, outside of not living together this year, Alex has taken other steps so that she isn't always involved in Kara's life. This is mostly due to the fact that usually when Kara might want to go out, Alex does need to study. This has therefore led to times when Alex has not seen Kara for a few days, simply because her schedule is so full of either classwork, or times that she has to study.