Chapter 96

A few minutes earlier, Kara, Natalie and Ashley have just got downstairs, and Lena is presently in the shower, getting ready. Kara is really nervous about what she's about to do next, as she knows that before she can ask Lena to marry her, she needs to get the approval from the girls. Kara would never ask Lena to marry her if the girls are not okay with it, no matter how much Kara loves Lena. So, Kara is aware that her whole plan could got to pot if the girls don't say yes.

"So, what do you want to talk to us about, Kara?" Ashley asks, once they all enter the living room area of their home.

"Right." Kara nods, "I uhh.... I don't really know how to say this, so I'm just going to say it. Actually, I guess I better show you."

Kara then proceeds to reach into her pocket, where she soon pulls out a velvet box, and a few moments later, opens it, revealing an engagement ring. Both Natalie and Ashley's eyes widen upon seeing this, while they also let out gasps of shock.

"So, I want to ask your mom to marry me. I love your mom, so much. I know she and I haven't been dating long, but I love her more than anything, and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I know that now, 100%, from living here these past few weeks." Kara says, "However, I want to speak to you first, and tell you about this, because I would never want to do anything that you are uncomfortable with, either of you. And I don't want you to feel like I'm doing this to replace your ma. That is not what this is about. So, if either of you are unsure about this, I promise, I won't be upset, and I can just do this in the future, when you are both okay with it."

After Kara finishes speaking, Natalie and Ashley just look at each other for a few moments, before both turning back to look at Kara with such wide happy smiles on their faces.

"I'm really okay with it." Ashley says, "You make mom, so happy. I have never seen her this happy, and I like that you care about us too, and won't just be some evil step mom."

Kara can't help but chuckle at that, while also feeling a tear appear in her eye from how touched she is from Ashley saying that.

"I'm okay, no, really happy about it. Like Ash said, you make mom super happy. And I want mom to be happy, and I really like you as well. I like how you care about me and Ashley. So yes, I want you to marry mom." Natalie says.

Kara feels her stomach flip at Natalie saying that, as now both Natalie and Ashley have said they are okay with it, meaning that this is going to happen.

"Okay." Kara nods, with a happy smile.

"So.... you are proposing to mom?" Ashley asks.

"Yeah. As soon as she gets down from her shower." Kara says.

Natalie and Ashley both let out happy cheers at Kara saying that, and soon take the blonde in for a hug.

"Shhh. We don't want to give it away to your mom." Kara says, but can't help but smile throughout.

"Yeah. Yeah." Ashley nods.

"Can we see the ring again?" Natalie asks.

"Sure." Kara says, and opens up the box again, revealing the engagement ring, and letting Natalie and Ashley have a good look at it.

"It's really pretty." Natalie says, with a smile.

"Yeah. It is." Ashley nods, "But didn't you say you have two connected presents for mom? If one is an engagement ring, what is the other?"

"Oh, well, the other is actually a bracelet." Kara explains.

"A bracket?" Ashley asks, confused, "How is that connected to an engagement ring?"