Chapter 56

It is now just after 1, and Kara is arriving at L-Corp to have her planned lunch with Lena. Admittedly, Kara is a bit nervous about this lunch, because by the sounds of things Lena was a bit upset with her for not telling her about Andrea suing her, even though she was doing it to just try and protect Lena. Then, at the same time Kara just worries how Lena has been taking everything, seeing as it's been a day since she last saw her, and at that point Lena was doing better, but still not amazing. Either way though, Kara knows she just has to be open and honest with Lena, and take it from there.

After a few minutes Kara makes it up to Lena's office floor, where she is ushered into Lena's office by Lena's assistant Jess. Once Kara steps inside the office she is surprised to see Lena already sitting on her couch, seemingly waiting for her.

"Hi." Kara says, a bit nervously.

"Hey." Lena smiles.

Kara then slowly walks over to Lena, who still hasn't got up from the couch, and Kara is unsure if she is supposed to greet Lena normally, with a kiss, or if she should hug her, or just not do anything. Thankfully though, just as Kara reaches Lena's side, the brunette stands up, and takes the initiative, taking Kara in for a brief kiss.

"Hi." Kara says again, once they part from their kiss, this time with a bit of a smile.

"Hi." Lena smiles back.

"So uhhh.... I guess we need to talk about.... stuff." Kara says.

"Yes." Lena nods, "Did you not bring any lunch for us to have with you?"

"Oh Rao. I didn't even think to do that. I'm sorry. I can quickly go out and get us something if you want?" Kara suggests, nervously.

"No, darling, don't worry about it. And you don't need to apologise." Lena says, "I wasn't specific about whether you should get food or not. Don't worry. I'll have Jess order something in for us."

Before Kara can say anything else, Lena walks over to her office door and opens it.

"Jess?" Lena says.

"Yes. Miss Luthor?" Jess replies.

"Could you please order Kara and myself some sandwiches for lunch. I'll have a chicken sandwich." Lena says, and then turns to look at Kara, "Is there a sandwich you'd like?"

"Uhh I'll have a steak sub with mayonnaise and mustard." Kara says.

"Okay." Lena nods, and then turns back to Jess, "Did you hear that Jess?"

"Yes. One chicken sandwich and a steak sub with mayonnaise and mustard. Do you want any drinks?" Jess asks.

"No. We'll have the water in here. Thanks Jess." Lena says.

Jess then nods her head at Lena, and Lena closes the door once more and walks back over to Kara.

"Okay. I'm sure our lunch will be here soon." Lena says, "Let's sit."

"Right." Kara nods, nervously, with the two then sitting down next to one another.

"Before we begin, I want you to know that Jack and Sam were in here earlier, and Sam told me some news that I presume was the news you overheard that you couldn't tell me about?" Lena says.

"You mean..... About Sam being pregnant?" Kara asks, hesitantly.

"What?! She pregnant?!" Lena says, in a surprised voice.

Kara's eyes widen at what Lena just said.

"I'm kidding, darling." Lena says, with a chuckle in her voice.

"Oh Rao! That was mean!" Kara says, "I thought I'd accidentally just given away Sam's pregnancy."

"Yes. Well, call it a little payback for you not telling me about Andrea suing you." Lena says.