Chapter 88

Lena is presently standing outside the front door of Andrea's house. Lena honestly thought this would be the last place she would end up today. Lena is literally about to walk in Andrea's den of sin. Lena is sure that over the years, since they were divorced, Andrea has had many people coming and going through these doors, to have one night stands with, or other things. Frankly, Lena thinks it's likely all of that probably happened before they were divorced too, after all, this very house is actually the house she and Andrea shared when they were married. When they were getting a divorce, and it became clear Natalie and Ashley wanted to stay with Andrea, and not her, Lena put up no fight to keep the house for herself. Even if Natalie and Ashley weren't living with her, Lena didn't want to up route their lives so much that they had to move out of their family home, and to two different places. Plus, while this may have been Lena and Andrea's shared home when they were married, it never really felt like that. It very much felt like it was 75% Andrea's home, and 25% Lena's. There are parts of this house which Lena didn't like, and when they were decorating a lot of the time Andrea would just go over Lena, and do her own decorations, without even discussing things with Lena, or completely ignoring Lena's suggestions. So, Lena really doesn't have much attachment to this house at all, if anything Lena has a rather negative attachment to this house, because it reminds her of all the bad things that happened during her and Andrea's marriage, while also reminding her of the last time she was actually here. The last time Lena was here was when she was moving her stuff out of the house. Lena didn't want any of the furniture, just her clothes, some pictures, and some other mementos, so because of that Lena didn't need to hire a moving team or anything, she just had Jack help her pack the things into her car, and his car. Then, as Lena finished, and walked out the house, she remembers Natalie, Ashley and Andrea standing there, all looking at her, with none of them showing any emotion on their faces. Lena walked out of this house in tears that day, and never looked back. So, it truly is making Lena feel a bit uneasy to be here right now.

Of course, Lena can't be sure that Andrea is actually here right now. She could literally be anywhere in the world. However, Lena is pretty sure that Andrea must be here, and from what Bernardo has told her, Andrea is spending her last few weeks in misery, drinking, and just being devastated that she's got terminal cancer. Lena honestly pities Andrea, despite all the horrible stuff she is done. Lena may think, or know, that Andrea is a horrible human being, and want her completely removed from her life, but that doesn't mean she wishes she would be dead. That's not only for Natalie and Ashley's sake, but because Lena doesn't want to be the type of person who wishes people would die. Lena wants to be above all that.

After a few more moments, Lena finally works up the courage to ring on Andrea's doorbell, unsure of Andrea is even going to open the door or anything. After a minute, the door still isn't answered by Andrea, but instead of taking that as her cue to leave, Lena rings on the doorbell again, and again, knowing that Andrea will be annoyed by it and eventually open the door. A couple of minutes later this works, with Andrea opening the door with an angry look on her face. The look seems to get even angrier when Andrea notices that it's Lena. Admittedly, usually Lena may be scared by this, but all she really sees now, as she looks at Andrea, is a woman who is going to die, with terminal cancer. Then frankly, Andrea doesn't look good either, she has black bags under her eyes, has a withered face, and smells strongly of alcohol.

"What the hell do 'ou want?" Andrea asks, in a snarl, while also slurring her words.

"We need to talk." Lena says, in a calm voice.

"We don't. I don't care. Leave me alone." Andrea says, and now tries to close to the door.

Lena sticks her foot out, preventing Andrea from closing the door.

"Move your foot." Andrea snarls.

"No. We need to talk." Lena says, "I was looking at you, to have it out with you about this bullshit you are pulling with these court cases, and not actually seeing them through, or coming to the court house, wasting my time, Kara's and everyone else's."