Chapter 92

After a few more minutes, Kara and Lena finally head back into the kitchen where they see Natalie and Ashley finish up their conversation with Eliza, with the grandma promising to get to National City to come and see them as soon as possible. Both Natalie and Ashley cry as they end the call to Eliza. Kara and Lena just hope that part of the reason for Natalie and Ashley crying now is because they are also just emotional that they have a grandma who loves them so much, and is willing to come all the way down to National City to see them, and be with them in this trying time. It does make Kara and Lena happy to think about, even if neither of them can express that happiness right now because of how upset both of them are for these girls.

"Oh girls, come here." Lena says.

Lena and Kara now approach Natalie and Ashley, with Kara taking Natalie in for a hug, and Lena taking Ashley in for a tight hug. This lasts a couple of minutes before Kara and Lena swap over.

About 15 later, Lena is now leaving for work, and has said goodbye to Natalie and Ashley, giving them big hugs, and kisses, each, promising the two girls that they can call her any time of they day if they need her. Lena hopes that that won't be the case though, not because she will ever be annoyed by taking either of her daughters calls, or being interrupted during a busy work day, but because Lena thinks that Kara will have things handled, and give the two girls all the emotional comfort they could need, thereby meaning they won't need to call her. Kara, for her part, reassures Lena of this, giving the brunette a brief kiss to say goodbye, and promising she will take amazing care of the girls all day long, which Lena knows Kara will.

Now that Kara, Natalie and Ashley are alone for the day, or at least until either Eliza arrives or Lena gets back from work, Kara turns and looks at the 2 girls, who she loves so very much, as if they were her own children. Kara would do absolutely anything for these girls, and right now Kara knows that the one thing these girls need from her, is just for her to be there and comfort them, which is totally understandable. So, after some thought, Kara decides that for the next few hours, at least, she will just put her work to the side, and focus on Natalie and Ashley. Kara will just make this sacrifice, as in the worst case scenario it will just mean that Kara has to stay up a bit later tonight to finish all the work she needs to do for the day. Although hopefully Eliza will arrive here in National City sometime after lunch, and Kara will be able to leave Natalie and Ashley in Eliza's capable hands, for her to then focus purely on the work she needs to get done.

"Okay. How about we all go sit on the couch for a while, and we can just snuggle together, if you'd both like?" Kara suggests.

"Don't you have to work?" Ashley asks, in an innocent voice.

"Yes, but I can save that for later. For now, my focus is on the two of you, and being here for you both. Just because your mom has had to go to work for the day, I don't want you to feel like you have lost out on some caring support. I'm going to be here for you girls all day long, no matter if I have to just not do any of my work today." Kara explains, "Then, in a few hours time, I'm sure Eliza will arrive here, and she will be here for you both, to give you everything you could need too."

Natalie now starts to cry a little bit after Kara says that.

"Oh, Natalie, I didn't mean to make you cry." Kara says, with a sympathetic and worried look on her face.

"No...." Natalie sniffles, "I..... I'm crying..... because.... you saying that...... is nice...."

"Oh...." Kara says, in a slightly surprised voice.

"Yeah." Ashley agrees with a nod of her head, "It is nice."

"I love you, Kara." Natalie says.

"Yeah, I love you as well, Kara." Ashley adds.