Chapter 93

Lena has now arrived at the L-Corp facility that will be treating Andrea, and putting her on this bleeding edge cancer treatment, which may or may not work. Lena has literally just got to the facility, so she hasn't had time to actually go inside, further than the lobby area, and talk to the doctor running the trial, and the other researchers and doctors. Obviously yesterday Lena did talk to the doctor in charge on the phone, as she had to arrange for Andrea to be part of the trial, but beyond that, Lena hasn't really got any details. This is honestly one of the things that L-Corp is doing at the moment which Lena doesn't heavily focus her attention on. That isn't because Lena doesn't care, or doesn't think finding a cure or treatment for cancer is not important, but because L-Corp is already a massive company with so many different divisions, Lena really cannot focus on them all. So, Lena really has not focused on this division for the simple fact that the doctor running these trials, is someone she actually thoroughly trusts. This is because while Lena does not have a focus on this cancer trial itself, she does remember when she hired the doctor leading this trial about 2 and a bit years ago. At the time L-Corp was nowhere near as large a company as it is today, and Lena really was looking at expanding her medical research division, and eventually the CV for this doctor came across her desk, and she was thoroughly impressed. Obviously, Lena being Lena, she couldn't just take the word of the CV, so she did a background check too, and that is when she found that the doctor was just as good outside of his CV, as he was on it. He had all the right credentials, if not more so, and everything else in his background just came back glowingly. He literally had a history of deciding not to get rich off of some of his medical breakthroughs, just because he believes it's more important for these breakthroughs to be widely available, than them to be restricted and him to get rich. That is exactly the type of person Lena wants working at L-Corp, as it follows in line with her belief too, even if that might be hard to believe considering she's a billionaire. So, Lena was utterly shocked when she made the call to see if this doctor was interested in working with L-Corp, and he said yes. Within a month he was working as part of the medical research team at L-Corp, and after a few more months, due to al his good work, Lena basically earmarked the doctor with a certain amount of funds he would receive every year to do any research he desired.

Right now, Lena is simply nervously waiting for Andrea to arrive at the facility, being far too nervous about the fact that her ex-wife may have decided not to come or something, and then having to explain to their daughters that their má has decided to just not put up any fight, and not give her last little shot a chance. Lena shudders thinking about having to tell Natalie and Ashley that. However, fortunately for Lena, the CEO has been informed that Andrea did get into the ambulance that is transporting her from the hospital which she was at yesterday, and spent last night, and will soon be arriving at this L-Corp facility. So for all intensive purposes, Andrea should arrive and be ready to undergo the treatment, but Lena knows there is still the chance that her ex-wife changes her mind last minute, and just yells at all of the people in the ambulance to let her out, which they would have to do. No one can force Andrea to get this treatment. It has to be the Obsidian North CEO's decision, no one else's. Then, Lena also is aware that even if Andrea does arrive at this facility, and step inside, ready for the treatment, there is every chance at every step of the way that Andrea will be put off by something, or simply change her mind, and decide she doesn't want to give this last shot treatment a chance. Lena just knows this is going to be a very stressful day for her, as the entire time she will be thinking about things from the perspective of Natalie and Ashley, not herself. Lena doesn't want to have to come home to Natalie and Ashley at the end of the day, and have to inform them of some bad news, which makes this already horrible situation for the two girls even more worse.

Thankfully, Lena doesn't have to wait too long for the ambulance to arrive, it pulling up after Lena stands in the lobby area of the facility for about 5 minutes. Then, once the ambulance does pull up all Lena can do is hold her breath as she watches the ambulance workers open the back doors and things. Lena isn't able to actually release her breath until she sees Andrea stepping out of the ambulance. One of the ambulance workers does try and assist Andrea, wanting the Obsidian North CEO to hold onto her, for support, but Lena just watches Andrea push him away, and then snap at the worker. Lena isn't a very good lip reader, but she is pretty sure that Andrea just told the ambulance worker that she isn't dead yet, and is perfectly capable of walking on her own. Lena thinks that at least this shows that Andrea still has some of her fight left in her, even though a lot of the times that fight within Andrea has been directly at Lena in a negative way.