Chapter 37

It is now the following morning, and Kara wakes up before Lena. Once Kara does wake up, she soon realises how she and Lena are sleeping. Despite the fact that when they went back to bed in the middle of the night, they were each laying on their separate sides of the bed, that certainly is not the case now. Currently, Kara are Lena are laying cuddled up together, clearly having just gravitated towards one another during the night. Lena, for her part, is simply laying with her head tucked into Kara's chest, while Kara has her arms wrapped around the 40-year-old. They are essentially spooning, but facing towards each other.

Now that Kara has woken up, she decides to just lay there for a few moments. Kara does this, because she really enjoys laying with Lena like this, and being close with her, and if this is all Lena will give her, seeing as the CEO has turned down the chance of them being in a relationship, Kara will take it. Kara knows that she is going down a dangerous road. A road which will likely and ultimately lead to her getting hurt again, but she can't help it. Kara is just completely enamoured with Lena. Although the truth of the matter might run much much deeper. The truth, that Kara does not even want to admit to herself, in a last-ditch attempt to protect herself, is that she's in love with Lena. But right now, Kara doesn't want to deal with any of that. She is just going to continue to lay with Lena for the next few moments, and take what she can get.

Kara continues to lay with Lena for about 10 more minutes, and throughout this time, Lena simply continues to sleep, and Kara watches her. Kara knows that it might be a bit wrong, and creepy, as they are not together, and this might even be taking advantage of Lena in some way, but Kara can't help it. Although it's not like she can't help it because of her alpha inside her. This is something else entirely. Something from her heart, not her alpha.

Eventually though, enough time passes by where Kara thinks that she should get up, and just leave Lena to sleep on her own. After all, Lena is pregnant with their pup, so deserves as much rest as she can possibly get. Kara imagines that this mostly comes during the weekends, when Lena does not have a tireless CEO schedule for L-Corp. Plus, Kara also thinks that getting out of the bed now, before Lena wakes up, will be a good idea because it will give them both a chance to leave the bedroom at separate times, so everyone else doesn't notice that they slept in the same bed last night.

So, Kara slowly moves away from Lena, making sure not to move too quickly and wake the brunette up. Eventually though, Kara moves away from Lena so that the brunette is now laying on her own, while still being in a deep sleep. Now that this is achieved, Kara gets out of bed herself, and looks back at Lena one last time, before quietly leaving the bedroom, and closing the door behind her. Little does Kara know, but Lena woke up from her sleep about 5 minutes ago, and could tell that Kara was awake. The CEO didn't do anything to let Kara know she was awake though, because she enjoyed the position they were laying in, where she could take in Kara's alpha scent. Lena tells herself she did this just so things didn't become awkward, with her noticing Kara still laying there while being awake. However, deep down, Lena knows that that is not true.

Now that Kara is out of the bedroom, she heads into the bathroom, doing her morning routine, before heading downstairs. Once Kara is downstairs, she is surprised to see that Ashley is awake, and sitting in the living room, on her phone.

"Oh, good morning, Ashley." Kara says, with a smile.

"Hi." Ashley replies.

"Have you been up long?" Kara asks.

"Uhhh.... I was awake in bed for about half an hour, before coming down here, because I wanted to watch a video on my phone, and didn't want to wake up Natalie." Ashley explains.

Kara grows a small smile on her face upon hearing this, noticing a small moment of Ashley being a good sister.

"Oh, okay." Kara nods, "Is anyone else awake?"