Chapter 43

"Dating Kara?" Natalie says, in a confused voice.

"Yeah! I saw mom kissing Kara on the balcony last night when I went to get them for dinner." Ashley explains.

"Ashley that's...." Lena begins.

"So, you are dating Kara, and you have been hiding it from us?" Natalie asks, in a slightly upset voice.

"No. No. That's not it at all." Lena says, "Look, can we all just go sit down in the living room, and we will talk about this?"

Natalie and Ashley look at one another after Lena says this.

"Okay." Natalie says, after a few moments silence.

"Yeah, okay." Ashley agrees.

"Good." Lena says, with a nervous smile.

The group all then make their way into the living, and take seats on the couches. Lena sitting on a couch by herself, then Natalie and Ashley sitting on another couch, at a right angle to Lena.

"Okay...... Ashley..... I know that you saw me kissing Kara the other day. And I'm sure that you have many questions about it." Lena says, "But, Kara and I are not dating. Like I told you both a few weeks ago, before I even found out I was pregnant with Kara's pup, Kara did want to date me, and.... admittedly, I also did want to date Kara, because I like her. But I didn't want to start dating someone and it to cause you two kids to become upset or anything. Especially because of..... how you were acting towards me at the time."

Ashley and Natalie both grow slightly ashamed looks on their faces at Lena saying that.

"Anyway, because of the baby, it has meant that I have spent more time with Kara, and.... there is something there between us, and that is hard to contain. What you saw, Ashley, on the balcony yesterday, was just a moment where I got lost in the emotions of being there, talking with Kara and everything. It doesn't mean I am in a relationship with her. I will always put you two kids first." Lena explains.

There is then a silence as Natalie and Ashley just look at one another for a few moments, clearly taking in everything that Lena has just said to them.

"So..... if Natalie and I were not a factor, would you want to date Kara?" Ashley eventually asks Lena.

"That's..... not important right now. What is important is that..." Lena begins.

"Would you date her?" Ashley asks, in a firm voice, but not a mean one, cutting Lena off.

Lena now looks between her two daughters, and feels very nervous about the answer that she is about to give, but she knows that she has to just be honest.

"Yes, I would." Lena replies, keeping her response simple.

Natalie and Ashley both look at each other again once Lena says this.

"I..... also heard what you and Kara were talking about, before you kissed." Ashley says, "I.... I understand why you are not dating Kara. But..... I think you should ask her on a date."

"What?!" Lena says, shocked.

"Yes. You should date Kara." Natalie says, with a big smile.

Lena's eyes literally feel like they go wide and bulge out of her head like a cartoon character. Lena really feels that surely this moment cannot be real. Lena never expected her two daughters to both suggest that she should date Kara.

"I..... I..... what?" Lena says, still in a state of shock.

"While we were in Midvale, Natalie mentioned to me how you are just happier when Kara is around. And after she said that to me, I watched you, with Kara, and I saw that Nat is right. You are happier when Kara is with you. You have more of a smile on your face, and just seem to be in a good mood and everything. That's not to say I think you are unhappy, or in a bad mood the other times. It's just, with Kara, you do seem to be happier." Ashley explains.