Chapter 55

Lena is still hugging Natalie and Ashley, after what her girls said to her, after they told Lena that they choose her over Andrea. Of course, Lena doesn't want her daughters to have to choose between her and Andrea, and she would give almost anything for her girls not to be in this position. However, there is a part of Lena that feels happy about this happening. For so long Natalie and Ashley choose Andrea over her, and that hurt Lena's heart so much, simply because of how much she loves her two girls, and how much it hurt to see them not want to spend time with her. Now however, things are completely reversed. Her girls want to be here with her, and are offering her the love she has always wanted from them. If this didn't come from a horrible situation with Andrea, Lena would say this is a dream come true. But, either way, Lena is enjoying the fact that the girls have, sort of, chosen her this time.

Lena, Ashley and Natalie continue to hug for a few minutes, but they do eventually part from their hug, and all look into one another's eyes.

"What..... what happens now, mom?" Natalie asks, nervously.

Lena sighs.

"I honestly don't know." Lena says, "I wish I could tell you I do know, or I have some sort of idea as to what is going to happen next, but I don't. So, how about we just take things one day at a time from here on out?"

"Yeah, okay." Ashley nods.

"Yeah, I'm okay with that." Natalie says.

"Good." Lena smiles.

"There uhmmmm....... What about Kara?" Ashley asks.

"What about Kara?" Lena asks, confused, with her heart suddenly beating quickly, because Lena is worrying that maybe Ashley brought up Kara because she doesn't want Kara around when she and Natalie plan to be here a lot or something.

Natalie and Ashley now look at one another again, almost as if they are having a silent conversation between each other.

"In ma's..... texts to us....... she also..... she said that she's suing Kara..... and is going to make sure that she ends up penniless and alone, or in prison." Ashley says.

"What?!" Lena says, in a surprised voice.

"She said...." Natalie begins.

"I know what she said." Lena quickly says, "I...... Kara is being sued?"

"That's what ma said." Ashley replies.

"Hasn't Kara told you?" Natalie asks, in a bit of a confused voice.

"No." Lena replies, "Kara and I haven't spoken since this morning when we parted ways after we arrived at L-Corp."

"Why?" Natalie asks.

"What do you mean?" Lena asks.

"Why haven't you spoke since then? Aren't you girlfriends? Aren't you.... supposed to talk all the time? Even if it's just texting each other goodnight or something?" Natalie asks.

"Well, it hasn't exactly been that long, Natalie." Lena explains, "But, I did ask Kara to give me some space."

"Why do you want space from Kara?" Ashley asks, "Did she do something wrong?"

"No. She hasn't done anything wrong." Lena says, "I just..... I don't want to be the type of person that needs their partner with them all the time. And.... after what happened..... I just wanted some space to be by myself.... And think through things on my own. That's nothing against Kara. It's just what I want to recharge."

"Oh." Natalie says.

There is then a brief silence.

"Does that.... mean you would prefer if Natalie and I weren't here?" Ashley asks.