Chapter 51

It is now the following morning, and Kara has been the first one to wake up today. As she woke up, she saw that Lena was still cuddled into her side, looking so peaceful and everything, and Kara just didn't want to disturb that. Kara wanted to be a good partner, and to just let Lena lay there a bit longer, and relax. Something that Lena truly deserves after what happened yesterday. Then, Kara also thinks Lena deserves this even more, because she knows that since they got back to Lena's home yesterday, they have basically been living in a little bubble. Kara knows that Lena will have to go back out into the world today, and that might even include Andrea doing something awful again, or just sending Lena an abusive text or something. All Kara knows, is if she has learnt anything from her brief times experiencing Andrea, it's that she cannot just let things be. So, Kara decided to lay there for a little longer, just to allow Lena to continue to sleep, and soak in more of her scent and everything.

Eventually, after about 10 minutes, Kara did really realise that her time snuggling with Lena would have to end, because she needs to head to the bathroom to just do a wee. Plus, Kara thought that if she laid there any longer, then she really might start to have a whole different problem in her pants, as sometimes, even though the situation would not be appropriate for it, Kara just cannot control her alpha penis.

Right now though, Kara has just walked out of Lena's bathroom, after having gone to the toilet, and she is just checking the time on her phone. Kara sees that it's just after 7, so she knows that she can't get back into bed with Lena. Not only because she probably will have to go to work today, but also because Kara also remembers that Natalie and Ashley are in Lena's house at the moment, so if they wake up at any similar time to the time she and Alex woke up for school when they were kids, the girls should be getting up now. Kara doesn't want Lena to have to deal with making sure Ashley and Natalie are ready for school, so she will take that responsibility on herself today.

Kara takes a few more moments just to look back at Lena, and watch her still sleeping, making sure that Lena is okay, and not about to wake up and be all worried. Then, once Kara is certain Lena isn't just about to wake up, she makes her way out of Lena's bedroom and heads downstairs to the kitchen. Kara thinks that the kitchen might be the best place for her to be at the moment, because she is honestly unsure what she should do, or how far she should go with Natalie and Ashley. Kara certainly does not want to overstep with the kids, or make Lena feel like she has overstepped. Kara knows that she is not here to be another parent to Natalie and Ashley. Therefore, because of that, Kara is unsure if she should go into the girl's rooms and wake them up, as she is worried that maybe the girls will be a bit freaked out by someone they don't know extremely well waking them up in the morning. So, Kara has ultimately decided that she will just start making some pancakes for breakfast in the kitchen, and hope that Natalie and Ashley both wake up themselves, and make their way down into the kitchen for breakfast. Kara thinks the worst-case scenario is that the girls don't want the pancakes, meaning she can eat them all, with them also needing to be woken up by her. However, Kara is going to give Natalie and Ashley a little longer to wake up themselves before she puts herself in the awkward position of having to go wake them both up.

Once Kara enters Lena's kitchen, she has a look around for a few minutes, just trying to figure out where everything is, but she is soon able to find all the ingredients to successfully make some pancakes with. In fact, Kara even finds some fruit Lena has put in the fridge that she is sure she could use as toppings for some of the pancakes, if anyone wants that. Then, to top it all off, Kara has also found some chocolate chips in one of Lena's cupboards, which Kara personally thinks are the best toppings for pancakes.

Over the next few minutes Kara begins to actually make the pancakes, with the lovely smell of the pancakes hitting Kara's nose. Kara has always loved pancakes, ever since she was taken in by the Danvers family. Whenever Kara smells pancakes, she goes back to the memory of Jeremiah cooking them on Saturday mornings for them to all eat together as a family.