Chapter 45

Kara and Lena part from their kiss, and right now Lena is so happy, she actually has a girlfriend, well, sort of. Lena truly has not felt this way in a long time. In fact, ever since Andrea, and how that relationship emotionally damaged her, Lena has never even been willing to open herself up to anyone else. For a long while Lena thought that she'd be okay just being by herself for the rest of her life, and surrounding herself with all her work at L-Corp, and in doing so, Lena essentially shut down her omega for years and years. However, that all ceased to be true when Kara came walking into her office for the first time. Kara's alpha woke something up inside Lena, and not because Kara tried to force her alpha on her, or use her pheromones, just because there was something there between her and Kara. But now, Lena is finally going on a date with Kara, and has accepted that they can have a relationship. Lena knows that this is something different to her relationship with Andrea, as Lena may be older, but she is emotionally wiser now. Lena thinks that her current self would be able to pick up all signs of Andrea being a horrible person, and not just fall into Andrea's alpha and ignore everything else. But Lena knows that Kara is nothing like that, so she doesn't have to worry about Kara abusing her or something. Kara is a special alpha.

"So?" Kara says, with a smirk, once they part from their kiss.

"So?" Lena smiles back, happily.

"Where are we headed?" Kara asks.

"Well, I hope you don't mind that I actually planned ahead for this situation, of you saying yes." Lena says, "I don't want you to think that I was being presumptuous or anything but I...."

"It's okay Lena." Kara says, placing a hand on one of Lena's arms, and sending out some soothing pheromones.

"Hmmmm." Lena hums happily, enjoying Kara's soothing pheromones.

"Oh Rao." Kara says, and quickly pulls away from Lena, with her pheromones also suddenly going away, making the situation very jarring for Lena, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that. I didn't mean to force my pheromones on you. That's not something I have control of as much as some other alphas."

"Kara, it's okay." Lena says, as she steps closer to the blonde, "I enjoyed the pheremones you just sent my way. You used your pheromones correctly there. You used them to soothe me, and my omega, when I was starting to panic a bit. I think you'll find that you have more control over your pheromones than you think you do."

Kara is then silent for a moment after Lena says this, slightly surprised by what the 40-year-old has just said.

"Are.... are you sure?" Kara asks.

"Of course I'm sure." Lena replies, "I trust you, Kara. The only time I would be upset with you using your pheromones is if you used them on me to force me to do something. I know there are some alphas out there, with strong pheromones, who basically just use their pheromones to get omegas to submit to them and everything. But I know that is not you. What you just did was use your pheromones to calm me down and comfort me, and I liked that. And I hope in the future, if more situations like that occur, where I start to panic or something, you'd calm me with your pheromones then as well."

"O....okay. If you say so." Kara says, with a small smile on her face.

"I do." Lena smiles back, "But I was going to say, in hopes that we could turn this dinner into a date, I thought that before we have dinner, we could go play mini-golf at a mini golf course near here?"

"Mini-golf?" Kara asks, surprised.

"Yes. I hope you are okay with that?" Lena says, "I will admit, I'm a bit out of practice at actually thinking up nice date things to do. In fact, even with Andrea we never really did proper date stuff. But I was talking to Jack and Sam about what we could do on a date, and they suggested to do something active, so we could do something, rather than sit down and just have dinner. And I thought that would be easier, especially as I'm out of practice in regards to dating."