Chapter 62

Kara, Lena, Ashley, Kelly and Alex are all sitting in Lena's living room together now, with Ashley laying her head on Kara's lap, and Lena letting Ashley rest her feet on her lap. Alex and Kelly are sitting on their own separate couch. Over the last hour, Alex has checked on Ashley a few more times, and thankfully it does look like the 14-year-old is starting to get a bit better, as she hasn't thrown up again, and her temperature has gone down. So, Alex is hopeful that Ashley won't have to take the drug that she mentioned to Lena earlier. Ashley, for her part, is now just closing her eyes while she rests her head in Kara's lap, with the blonde soothing stroking Ashley's hair, just wanting to young girl to relax, and feel better. Kara really does feel so bad for Ashley, as she doesn't think any omega deserves to go through a presenting process like this. Kara just hopes that this doesn't last much longer, and Ashley can start to feel better. Of course, Kara doesn't mind how long this takes, as she is more than happy to spend time with Ashley for however long the 14-year-old needs her, and her scent, she just is purely thinking of Ashley in this moment, as the quicker this is over, the quicker Ashley will be feeling better.

"Thank you again for being here, Alex." Lena says, with the adults having been quietly talking with each other for the last hour, between Alex checking in with Ashley.

"Of course. It's my pleasure." Alex smiles, "And, I want you to know, if there is ever anytime you need a doctor, whether that is for yourself, Ashley or Natalie, please don't hesitate to contact me. You are going to be giving birth to my future niece or nephew, so as far as I'm concerned we are family. And by extension, that means that Ashley and Natalie are part of our family too."

Lena can't help but grow a happy smile on her face at Alex saying that. The thought that in dating Kara, and just being with her, Lena also gets the benefits of all of Kara's lovely family too, is really nice for Lena. Then, Lena has literally already witnessed how it has been nice for both Ashley and Natalie, to sort of have a relationship with both Alex and Eliza, as they both got on very well with them when they went up to Midvale together, with Natalie very much taking to Eliza, and Eliza being more than happy to accept Natalie and Ashley, and sort of treat them like her grandchildren. This really isn't anything she, Natalie, or Ashley had before when she was married to Andrea, as while Andrea does have parents, they live in Brazil, and are divorced anyway. Andrea's father, he has always plainly refused to ever travel outside of Brazil to see his grandchildren, because he has a distain for America. Then, as for Andrea's mother, ever since she divorced Andrea's father, she seems to have spent the half of the fortune she got in the divorce flying around the world. From all that, it has been clear to Lena that Andrea's mother would much rather fly around the world and have fun, than even spend a little time with her grandchildren. On top of all this, Andrea is an only child, so she doesn't have any brothers or sisters that could be aunts and uncles to the girls. So, in reality, none of Andrea's family have ever been involved in Ashley or Natalie's lives, and the same can be said of Lena's own family. Lena just hopes that things could possibly be different with Kara and her family, if everything continues to go so well, and works out okay.

"Thank you for saying that, Alex." Lena says, with a smile, "That really means a lot to me. You have no idea how much I appreciate you saying that."

Alex just nods her head at Lena in response to the brunette saying that, with her own smile written across her face.

"Anyway, I don't think I've ever been told. How did the two of you meet?" Lena asks Kelly and Alex.

"Oh. That's a funny story." Alex smirks, "But.... probably not appropriate for young ears."

Lena now glances at Ashley, realising that Alex's story of meeting Kelly is clearly R rated.

"She's fallen asleep." Kara says, as she strokes Ashley's head in a soothing manner once more.