Chapter 60

It is now about 10 minutes later, and Ashley is finally actually waking up, after Kara has had to lay there awake with the 14-year-old for a little while. Kara, for her part, watches as Ashley slowly wakes up, and soon realises that this may be a bit of an awkward experience for Ashley, as even though the young girl still likely needs her to stay by her side, and take in more of her pheromones to ease her presenting process as an omega, her head might be a bit clearer to realise how awkward this situation is. Kara doesn't really feel that awkward though, as at the end of the day she knows this is really only a natural process that Ashley is going through, and she is actually touched that Ashley is close enough with her that she is soothed by her pheromones/scent. The only real thing that Kara thinks she might feel a bit awkward about, is if Ashley gets a sort of clearer head eventually, and then just feels uncomfortable with Kara being around her, and so close to her. But, at the end of the day, Kara knows there really isn't anything she can do about whatever Ashley's response is going to be, so she will just have to wait and see what it is.

"Good morning, Ashley." Kara eventually says, after a few moments.

After Kara says this, Ashley swiftly turns her head to look at Kara, and a moment after that, she grows a very red look on her face, clearly embarrassed.

"H... hi..." Ashley says, nervously.

Kara clearly notices Ashley acting nervous, and she knows she should probably put Ashley at ease, otherwise they may be in this sort of awkward phase for a while, with neither of them clearing the air or anything.

"Hey, I know you might feel embarrassed, or awkward about this. I don't know if maybe you are through the first stage of presenting, and have a bit more of a clear head. But, you really don't need to feel embarrassed or awkward." Kara says, "I know this situation, with me, is a little strange and everything, but I truly do feel very honoured that I was able to comfort you, and I was, and still am, more than happy to do it."

Ashley now just looks at Kara for a few seconds, not saying anything to her. Kara isn't sure what Ashley looking at her means, whether the young girl has just frozen in awkwardness, and doesn't know what to say, or if she is just looking at her to try and figure out if she is being honest or not.

"I.... thank you...." Ashley says, after a while.

"You don't have to thank me, Ashley." Kara says.

"I do...." Ashley says, as she shifts away, on the bed, from Kara slightly, "I..... you don't really know me that well..... and.... I mean.... there have been times when it's not like I've treated you well or anything..... but.... even with all that.... you were willing to give up your Friday night just to help me, and make me feel better, because I'm presenting. It would have been understandable if you were too uncomfortable to do that, but you did it anyway."

"Oh, Ashley, of course I was going to comfort you. You are right, we may not have the strongest bond, or know each other extremely well or anything, but I have forgiven you and Natalie for the things you did that hurt me. I know that type of thing wasn't coming from anywhere other than you just wanting to look after your mom." Kara says, "I think you and Natalie are both extraordinary young girls, and I have truly enjoyed spending time with the both of you, and getting to know you better, and I'm not just saying that because I'm dating your mom, and it being something I say to just try and get in your good books or something. I truly do mean it. You, being comforted by my pheromones is proof of the fact that you feel comfortable around me, and close to me, which is one of the greatest honours of my life. You have no idea how astounded I am by all this, as I certainly was not expecting it. So, you certainly don't have to feel bad about this Ashley. And if anything, I just hope that this experience, and us spending this time together, will just allow us to strengthen our bond, and get to know each other better, as at the end of the day, I have absolutely no plans to not be around you anytime soon, because I love your mom, and I want to be with her for as long as she will have me."