Raph x reader (Songfic) [Part 1]

(Y/n)'s p.o.v

I've never really known what to do with... anything, let alone anyone - but then I met the guys! We all got along great. Though there's been a few times where I feel like I'm just not a part of the group, the only one I never feel off with is Raph. Casey teases us for when I just stick with him, but he's just the person I can always feel like myself with. Walking down into the lair I smile at seeing everyone having fun- when Leo shoved past me. I grunt as I end up falling back, he didn't even say anything as he went into the dojo.

'Okay, out of everything I'm either left behind or looked over... that ends now - Raph doesn't get like this, maybe I should try to be like him.' Softly growling I call for Leo back, he comes out confused while tilting his head at me. "Oh, hey (Y/n) - I didn't know you were here-" "yeah, well next time open your eyes, Leonardo. I was walking in when you just shoved me to the floor!" I yell at him which made his eyes widen. Moving my head a bit I meant for him to realize he was supposed to respond, but he doesn't.

With that I scoff and shoulder past him to get to the kitchen saying "great, nice conversation with ya - just watch where you're going next time." "Right!.. s-sorry" Leo says a bit loudly for me to hear as I got me some water and sit down. While sipping at it a bit I could feel eyes on me, so looking up I see three out of the four turtles staring at me. Softly rolling my eyes I say "what?" Leo pushed Donnie up a bit more making him softly glare at him. Though softly clearing his throat he looks back at me saying "sorry, we were just.. wondering if everything's okay."

I nod saying "yeah, why wouldn't it be?" "You never yell at us, dudette" Mikey chimes in as he is hiding behind Leo a bit. "It's a bit weird to see.. and intimidating" Leo says while looking like he's tense, so I chuckle. Taking another drink I look back at them saying "well, I just don't want to be pushed around. He literally shoved me to the floor and then still didn't even know that I was here! Just standin up for myself." Raph walks in with a towel around his neck saying "yeah, leave her be, guys - it's good to see her speaking up."

We fist bump before he got himself some water, the three other bros look at us weird which made me say "take a picture. It'll last longer, dorks" they scramble away now as Raph softly chuckles saying "nice work, (Y/n). I didn't think you'd have it in you" I smile a bit saying "thanks" with that we catch up a bit. Him with saying what annoying pranks Mikey's done recently and how stronger he's getting with training. While I just talk about how school's been "you? Get ignored at school?? Just show them what you did my brothers!" Raph encourages me.

-a few days later-

That's just what I've done, I've stood up for myself more and made sure others knew where my lines are and to not cross them. When they did - I taught them a lesson and got detention a few times for doing so... I really am changing. Casey's stopped teasing me and Raph on hanging out now too, this is the best decision I've made in I don't know how long. Smiling while looking up at the ceiling I think over a few things- 'wait, the last time Raph was in charge he freaked out. He got caught up in his own head when things went wrong!' I think in realization.

My eyes widen at the thought as I sit up and look at the wall "I... oh my gosh, I've got to stop acting like Raph" I say to myself. Thinking over a few more things I've done at school I realized things are going to change big time. I don't know if it'll be for the best or the worst considering I'm going back to myself. 'What will the guys think?.. I'll just get looked over again or pushed around- or even Raph. If he finds out that I'm not standing up for myself he'll ask why- and if I tell him he'll freak out on him being my inspiration.'

Thinking over a bit more I came to a conclusion... I'll avoid the lair.

-a month later-

Everything.. has turned for the worst, people started picking on me to see if they can get that confident girl back or to just get payback. Not to mention the guys have been trying to contact me to ask what's happened with me. Whenever anyone tried to come over I made a few different notes just to make sure that they won't look for long. I'd hide under my bed as they read it and wait for them to leave... right now though I'm rereading over texts. '"What's happened to ya?.. we're all getting worried, (Y/n) - it's like you disappeared completely."'

I scroll on my phone a bit more to read another text of Raph's- '"Casey's telling me that you also are getting picked on now?.. talk to me. Ya know you can!"-' my tears are already falling, so I try not to let too much out as I go to the roof. Looking over the town I can hear how few people are walking around and the lights are still on. It's cloudy, but it at least isn't raining- a soft thud got my attention as my tears still fall. I don't bother looking back because I don't want whoever it is to see me like this out of all the times they can see me.

"(Y/n)?.." Raph asks, so I feel myself tense up and look down as my tears are still falling 'no! Not now' "h-hey... Raphael" I barely got out. He took a few steps closer to me saying "what's happenin?.." I softly laugh before wiping at some of my tears.
"It all became so lovely
Those bluest skies above me"
 I sing softly before looking back at him with a side smile, he notices my face as his expression went from soft to a bit shocked.
"Those funny feelings I had.. never felt before I met you" I sing out before walking towards the middle of the roof.
"I thought I'd stay a while" I sing as I motion down meaning the lair down in the sewers, they are fun and great which is why I thought to stick around.
"I tried to learn to smile" I sing as I do a small twirl and a few more tears fall as I look at Raph and a soft smile finally comes onto my face.
"So many colors I had never even known~..." I sing as Raph tilts his head confused and he crossed his arms.
"Maybe I'll find myself sitting on that distant shore!~..
Maybe I'm not.. a-lone~..."
 I sing as I finally talk instead of singing my problems like some Disney Princess. "Raph, I only started speaking up for myself and everything because of you!" I say which made his eyes widen. Closing my eyes I kept talking "you always seem to be knowing what you're doing and... no one messes with you. Then I realized you could freak out knowing that you're a role model, so I stopped and went back to myself." He went to talk, but I just shake my head-

"Then I seen the colors fading
Gentleness of light escaping"
 I sing as I put my hand to my forehead and notice all the bruises on my forearm before shutting my eyes tight.
"Shadows of my fear invading-" I sing out before feeling more tears falling and I remember how I was before I even started acting like Raph. "Have I seen this all before?.." I ask as I feel my tears pouring down my face and my body starts shaking. "Everyone picking on me- pushing me around- I fade to be in the background?.." I ask more as I also realize it's just so much worse.
"I!~~- know that there's something residing
A terror deep inside me"
 I sing as I put my hands over where my heart is, he put his hand on my shoulder which made me hit it away. Softly glaring at him my tears are still falling as I try not to completely break down.
"I couldn't understand how you can be so bold!~.." I sing before walking back to where I was as I look over the town. Softly sighing I wipe at what tears are left and I lean back onto my hands as he sits down by me.
"Maybe I'll find myself smiling on that distant shore~...
Maybe I'm not.. a-lone~...."

Tbc

Okay that's it my wonderful foodies~ Now I hope I can serve you another chapter again soon!

~ILoveFood