Depressed! Mikey x Observant! reader

Twas a request, hope you all like it!!

*Warning: a lot of stuff that is serious is mentioned in this! Like-
Depression (obvi)
Cuttin
g
Hurtful words

& older brothers stupidity (this is meant as a joke)
Also- I did not read through this because of it's length, I apologize!*

No one's p.o.v

Today was another summer day in New York, so ya know.... the turtles had to keep an eye out for humans at night since they have nothing so sleep for. (Y/n) also knows this and tries to keep an eye out for them when she knows they're out. Especially for Mikey, since he's been so down on both himself and just down in general that only she noticed. She doesn't know is Mikey knows that she knows, but it doesn't really matter- what matters is that she knows. She can help him with whatever he needs help with, but he's so down he doesn't even notice.

Mikey's most recent thoughts were 'what am I going to mess up today??' Let's not forget 'will I ever turtle up and tell her how I feel?' So... yeah, he's down today the most. Tonight (Y/n) doesn't know if they're going out tonight, so she's going down to visit before nightfall. When no one was around the closest manhole to the lair, she began to climb down to the sewers. Her feet going slow at first.... until she heard yelling, she began to run at that point- hoping for the best. That's when she sees a ripped red mask and an angry/maskless turtle yelling at Mikey loudly.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MANAGED TA RIP APART MY LAST MASK, YA HEARD DON, IT TAKES HIM A WEEK TO MAKE ANOTHER ONE MIKEY. A WEEK!! YOU ARE JUST SO MUCH OF A MESS UP, I CAN'T TAKE IT!!" Were Raph's words as he stomped to his room. (Y/n) noticed Mikey sigh and just sit down on the couch and start crying, Leo was probably in his room. Donnie was in his lab, they probably thought that Mikey would be okay.. since he's always smiling. Mikey only smiles because he knows if he doesn't.... their family would kind of fall apart.

As Donnie began to make a new mask for Raph, (Y/n) began to sneakily walk past Mikey and into the kitche, hiding the knives and other sharp objects. Then she went into the dojo and just threw everything up in the tree, (Y/n) once caught Mikey cutting in his room. That's how bad it's gotten and honestly, if he runs off or starts getting panic attacks- that will be her last straw. But that didn't matter, after a bit of Mikey crying, (Y/n) made it clear that she's in the kitchen. She only did that so Mikey would try to put on a brave face for her, she knows how important it is to him.

She accidentally burnt her mouth on pizza, making Mikey run in asking "are you okay dudette?? I'll get you some cold water to cool your mouth down." As Mikey got the glass, (Y/n) couldn't help but notice all of the wrappings on his forearms now. (Y/n) frowned as he got the water, but smiled immediately as Mikey turned back at her. "Here ya go dudette" Mikey says with a bright smile- like he wasn't even crying one minute ago. The three older bros noticed Mikey's kindness and share a look "it's when he's with her that he shows his best self."

Raph agrees with Donnie saying "you can say that again-" "but why can't he do that with us??" Leo interrupted as he walked towards his bros. The other two agreed with the oldest turtle bro, not caring that they're seeing Mikey be amazing.

-later that night-

The five got ready for patrolling tonight, (Y/n) on the actual streets as she keeps up with the guys and the guys on the rooftops, trying not to go too fast for (Y/n). When they're all ready, Raph decided to say a snarky remark "don't blow it this time Mikey." Leo agrees saying "yeah, we can't let anyone find out about us!" (Y/n) rolls her eyes and says "you guys don't blow it." That's when they finally reached the surface, the guys already jumping to the rooftops, but Mikey smiled back at (Y/n). Then they all went into position- and they were off into the night, the breeze feeling amazing.

That was until..... Mikey accidentally tripped on the edge of a rooftop, almost losing his balance and falling backwards, but barely moved forward. The only problem was that he couldn't regain his balance, he fell on his plastron- hard- knocking the wind out of him. (Y/n) heard this and gasps, being worried for Mikey more she climbed up to the rooftop. Leo turned and looked at Mikey saying "oh my god, Mikey!" Mikey flinched and his shell went against the edge. "We told ya not to blow it, and what do ya do?!" Raph decided to add onto Leo's mean yell.

Donnie was the one to yell "you always got to mess everything up, don't you?!" That one hurt Mikey the most as he curls up into a ball and whimpers. Before any of them could yell anymore hurtful words, (Y/n) stopped peeking and... stuff got said. "YOU ALL ARE SO STUPID! DO YOU NOT NOTICE HIS PAIN? HIS SORROW?!" (Y/n) started off. Raph rolled his eyes saying "you're only sayin that since you're his best-" "no, I'm not. HE'S BEEN SUFFERING FROM ALL OF YOUR WORDS FOR TOO LONG!! YOU GUYS ARE PUTTING HIM THROUGH TROUBLES."

Leo just scoffs and says "we all got troubles, he's going to learn that at some point-" "but not so much at once you guys. HE'S GOTTEN DEPRESSED FROM ALL OF YOU YELLING, SAYING THAT HE'S USELESS. SAYING THAT HE'S STUPID.... WHEN ALL HE IS- IS SUPPORTIVE FOR ALL OF YOU! That's right I said it. He's smiling and only joking around to make all of you happy, I can't believe you all are so oblivious. Have you not noticed his extra wrappings?! WELL I HAVE!! It's because he started to cut his own skin. YOU MADE HIM FEEL LIKE A WASTE OF PAPER!!"

All of their eyes widen as (Y/n) looks back at a shocked Mikey too, but she offers a hand to him saying "come on, let's leave these jokers for a second."

(Y/n)'s p.o.v

Mikey smiled softly and grabbed my hand, I pulled him many rooftops away, but it won't take the guys long to find us, I just wanted Mikey alone for a second. "Mikey... I'm sorry for not doing anything sooner-" he interrupted my apology with a hug. "ThAnK yOu So MuCh DuDeTtE! *sniffles* I wouldn't have ever had the guts to tell them." I smile and hug back saying "hey... what're besties for??" He put me at arms length and looked serious for once. "(Y/n)... I like you more than a friend- more than a best friend!..... I l-love you" Mikey says softly.

I smile and say "I love you too-" "before anything happens, Mikey we're sorry" Leo says and pulls Mikey closer to his bros and away from me. They all group hugged saying "yeah, very sorry.... we shouldn't just yell at you for little things that make us human." Mikey smiled big saying "thanks guys!.... but you kind of interrupted something" he gets out of his bros hold. What shocked me was he wrapped his arms around my waist and begins to kiss me, but I kissed back anyways. What's funny was we heard a thump and Donnie and Raph ask.....

"He got a girlfriend before us?!"

Tbc

Okay that's it my wonderful foodies~ Now I hope I can serve you another chapter again soon!

~ILoveFood