Midnight Chat

Damian was confused. Why was the Guardian requesting his presence? Did he annoy her? Was she angry as he did not say Thank you or anything like that? Does she want to kill me for my Assasin side? Did she only heal me so as to kill me properly? Such were the thoughts going in his brain  but on the outside he showed nothing.

He got ready in his Robin attire. He decided to first go for an early patrol and then go to the Guardian's House. He patrolled his usual area and then after stopping a few small crimes, he went to the Guardian's house. He had taken the address from Tim earlier. What he wasn't expecting was a big mansion. He then remembered seeing the mansion when he had turned into a kid. Apparently She was MS the anonymous designer which Drake and Grayson fawned over. They considered her designs the best and he remembers the screaming they had done when She had given them their designed clothes and went home.

He figured
A) She was the one who hates people who invade her privacy except the ones who are her good friends.
B) She was a dedicated one who loved to design.
C) She hated unwanted attention and preferred to be with friends rather than fans.
D) She was a brave girl who came to Gotham even though having learned of its villians.
E) She could be a person who takes no sh*t and isn't scared to share her opinion and that is the reason she was able to tame the villians of Gotham like Joker- who didn't kill as many as before, poison Ivy and Harley Quinn- Who now earn legally in her cafe and have reformed as per his brothers have told him.

He was the son of the World's best detective. This was expected of him. However, he was getting more nervous and interested to meet her as the Time passed. He finally knocked on the window he could see light coming from. He expected it to be Living room as Tv sounds could be heard and from the position of the mansion's window. He was right.

Marinette's POV

There was a knock on the window of the room we were sitting in. I was watching the movie - Freaky Friday with Adrien, Luka and Chloe. Honestly I was waiting for this knock since the last 2 to 3 days. I was scared to be honest. Was he mad? I actually never answered his questions he may have. I didn't even spare a glance at him after he was cured. I opened the window as Robin entered in. Robin could probably see I was tense. I was clenching and unclenching my fists. I yelled all of a sudden, "I'm sorry"

Damian's POV (yes again)

I entered the window as the Guardian opened it. It looked like she was mad and wanted to hit me as she was clenching her fists again and again.  I thought it would probably be good if I apologize at first itself. So I said, "I apologize."

However that wasn't the case as she screamed, "I'm sorry" at the same time as me. Her friends/acquaintances/partners/maybe cousins? were laughing at our expense.

I asked, "Why are you apologizing?"

She, I think was still in shock as she took a minute to reply, "I thought you were angry at me as I never came back to answer your questions. You might have so many questions about which I should answer. I didn't spare you any minute, never asked how you were after growing back up. Why are you sorry?"

I stared at her as she was stupid, seriously this was the reason! I replied, "I thought you were angry about something that I may have done during the time I was transformed into a kid. I thought you were angry because I was crying all the time and you had to calm me down again and again."

The Guardian laughed, "Babies cry all the time. It is nothing to be ashamed of. I was a babysitter back in Paris for a Family friend. So I had no problem. How about we start again? Hi, My name is Marinette and I'm the guardian of the Miraculous who helped you heal."

I gave a faint smile and replied, "Hello I'm Robin or you may Know me as Damian. I wanted to say Thank you for Healing me."

Marinette replied, "You are welcome. I believe you do have some questions."

I nodded and was about to ask when The blonde girl companion of the Guardian interrupted me, "Mari-bug Did you forget about us? Who will introduce us? You know what forget -"

Marinette interrupted this time, " Sorry Chlo. I'll introduce you. Damian these are my best friends, That's Chloe, Adrien and Luka."

Each person at their name gave a hi Or waved at me except Chloe who just grinned.

I recognized Adrien. I spoke, Glad to be your acquaintances. Adrien Agreste right?" When he nodded, I continued, "I remember you. You were always at the Gala sitting alone with Danvers."

Adrien stuttered, "How did you know that? I thought no one paid attention to me during the gala."

Marinette and Chloe both stared at him asking (demanding) who is Danvers. I think I made a mistake by saying itas Adrien tried but was unable to reply as both the girls were ganging up against him. Luka was just trying to control his laughter. After he controlled it, he said, Ma-ma-marinette, Why don't you leave this interrogation for tomorrow. Right now, Robin is here to get his questions answered."

This caught Marinette's attention as she had her eyes back on me. She said, "Why are you still standing?"

I was like Is she asking for me to leave? So I replied, "Oh bye"

Chloe started laughing as Marinette shouted,"Nooo!!!! I was asking for you to sit not leave."

I replied, "oh!" As I made my way to sit down.

"So what do you want to ask? Ask away? But first Chloe, Adrien and Luka go Inside. So that we shouldn't be disturbed." Marinette said. They all nodded and went inside.

I asked once they left, "I remember when you were asked to heal me, you had asked 2 demands. One was our connection with The league of Assassins. I wanted to ask, why did you help me when you knew that I was the son of Talia al Ghul? And how did you know we were connected to them?"

Marinette smiled and replied, " I can see souls Damian, I could see the hint of Lazarus pits in yours and Jason's souls. Since Lazarus pits are only in Nanda Parvat, the head of the League of Assassins, I figured there was a connection. So I knew about the connection. As for healing you, I know you were with her the first 10 years of your life. I know you were an Assassin. But I also know that you have changed for the better. Becoming Robin, Saving animals, checking daily on animals you have with you and trying to avoid killing other people who have wronged you or cause problems for you. I did my research Damian after meeting you. I could see your soul being good and I can see you are good Damian. Even if you don't believe it yourself."

The words she said left me awestruck. Someone outside of the family believed I could be good. I feel happy as she says she believes in me after knowing my past. I feel grateful, I mutter out a small Thank you. She heard it somehow and replied, "No need"

I suddenly had one more question, I spoke, "I have one more question, Why didn't you ask anything from Batman in exchange for healing me? You knew we were the Waynes, you could have had anything you ever wanted but you asked for something that was helpful to us and tiring for you. Why?"

Marinette smiled and said, "I don't want money. I have whatever I wanted right here with me. If I want something I can very much buy it myself. I earned my own money through my hard work. I don't think you remember but I am the anonymous designer MS - Marinette Stone. I rarely use magic for my own work just sometimes to speed me up or to teleport for new inspirations. So if I have everything right here, why do I need something else? I'm happy with what I have."

I nodded. She is an unique person and has earned my respect. I however say, "I still wish to repay you somehow. If you ever need help, you can reach me at Wayne Manor since I don't use my own phone regularly."

Stone or Marinette looks in thought, she soon says, "I can use your help in two ways if you would like to help. One - You could be my friend if you want to. Second-"

_________

Cliffhanger
I'm evil😈
Sorry for the long wait.
Will try to update soon.
Thanks for reading
💙💙