Betrothed? What?

Damian opened a portal to Nanda Parbat's route from the behind of the league of assassin's headquarters. It was a steep, rocky and a hard climb but easier for avoiding the assasins. He detransformed and gave the miraculous back to Marinette.

She didn't take it and said, "Keep it till we return home. I think we may need it again. Also you have pockets. I just have  one pocket where Tikki is. Along with my mini water bottles. One is empty for the water from Lazarus pits and one has water. It can be grown into a bigger size when need be."

Damian nodded as he hid the sunglasses in his clothes. Kaalki also hid in there after taking sugar cubes from Marinette. He then proceeded towards the Lazarus pits. He moved ahead taking the lead, occasionally helping Marinette if need be. Marinette though having never climbed a mountain, was doing great on such a difficult path. She is thankful for all the training she's done with the akumas. They were climbing for 3hrs only with a 15minute break which was taken just 5 minutes ago so as to regain energy while sitting in just behind the league of assassins. They could see their guards. They were slowly nearing the gate of the nanda parbat.

Suddenly damian stops and moves Marinette and himself on the ground, behind a pillar. Marinette was about to scold but stopped when she remembered where she was and then she saw 2 assassins walking. As soon as they left, Damian whispers, "It's been a while since I have come here. I think Mother has included security here. Worst to worst case, he have to get captured then escape using Kaalki when we get the chance."

Marinette nodded at the plan. They moved slowly and silently. After entering the gate, they moved towards the Lazarus pits. On the way, they encountered around 5 guards which were easily defeated thanks to Damian and her Ladybug's luck and training. They then put on their clothes so as to fit in. They moved towards the pits and when they reached there. Thanks to Marinette's luck no one was there. Then Marinette took out a bottle and filled it with the water from the Lazarus pits. She put the bottle back inside. They nodded at each other and left the pits and soon were found in between 25 assassins. They had been found! They both had been restrained and their mouth was covered by the hands of assasins. Suddenly all assassins made way for a lady to come in sight. Damian glared at her. Marinette recognized the face as Talia Al Ghul, the mother of Damian and the current leader of the League of Assassins.

Talia says in an amused tone, "Well well well, who do we have here? Intruders. Take off their masks. I need to see who are the people who were brave enough to infiltrate Nanda parbat." The cowl and the Masks were removed to see Damain Al Ghul Wayne and a girl.

Talia spoke again," You girl are the Guardian of the miraculous. Why have you come here? Marinette was your name wasn't it?"

Marinette showed no emotion. So, Talia continued, "It doesn't matter what your name is. Damian, What are you doing here? You turned your back on our people. So are you joining back? We should celebrate. I won't let you go back to your father now. You even brought me the guardian as a gift. How should we celebrate? Oh I know how! By Marrying you to the most powerful person here."

Damian and Marinette both are like have popped their eyes out on such horror😱. Marinette didn't realize that Talia was talking about her. She just felt emphatic towards Damian.

Talia continues, "Of course we won't marry you right away. Today shall just be your bethroal and tomorrow marriage. I think since you Damian brought the guardian here. You are well acquainted with her. Guards get them ready. Congratulations on your bethroal Guardian and Damian."

At this Marinette paled. She realized Talia was talking about her marriage! What she just turned 20. She can't be married so soon. Especially not to Damian. He's good but she hasn't spend much time with his grown up self. He is cute now she thinks that. He is sweet. He even brought her here even though this place must have bad memories for him. Wait what am I thinking? I can't get married. I have to find Damian. She however was forced to dress in proper assassin clothes much to her disdain. She refused as much as she could but they threatened to put a sleeping dart. She knows if she can escape she has to stay conscious. So she goes along with them. She couldn't escape without Damian. She felt Tikki hide away.

She just couldn't understand what kind of Mother forces her child to marry? What child has to be trained? She realizes why Damian feels he isn't cut out to be a hero. Anger builts inside her. More so, when she saw assassins have torn her old clothes.

With Damian

Damian was forced to wear traditional assassin clothes. He secretly let Kaalki out with her sunglasses and told her to stay hidden but nearby. He went along knowing he has to find Marinette and escape. Soon he was brought into a room with Assasins and his mother. He glared at her but nothing changed. She didn't falter. Soon, Marinette came in wearing Assassin clothes and boy was she angry.

Marinette marched in the room and went straight to Talia and while pointing her finger screamed, "What kind of a person are you? Do you know how much efforts it takes to make a piece of cloth and your assasins just tore them!! They take time and you just rip them in seconds? What the hell? No sorry we can speak about it later. First, What kind of mother are you? You insane B*tch! Like You train your child since he was young to become a perfect weapon? You help him hide his emotions? You don't want him to have a normal life? You don't even greet him when you met him after so long? Instead what do you do? Marry him with a person who you see him with? What about his feelings? His life? His fami-"

Talia though scared of the tiny girl replied coolly, " Damian is my son. He has to be the perfect weapon. Perfect son-"

Marinette cuts Talia off and says, "And What about You? When do you become the Perfect Mother? Huh? Like seriously He became the perfect son for you till the age of 10. He then saw a better way and he took it. Need I remind you, you yourself took Damian to his Father. You can't just get up one day and say 'Damian you have to become an assassin. He has his own life, his own chosen Friends and Family, his own choices. Get this in your head- He is never going to be an assassin. He has made his own life. And you are not a part of it. Also, we are Not getting Married. When we do get married, it will be with people we like not am arranged Marriage. It's 2023 for God's sake. Grow up." Talia just stood bewildered.

Damian just smiled at this interaction wanted nothing but to laugh. Talia was scared of a 20 year old girl who had no weapons!

Marinette just left the room with Damian. Kaalki soon came with Tikki and handed the sunglasses to Damian who took and transformed. He just dragged Marinette into the portal to her room and closed the portal and detransformed. In her room, there was currently no one. Not even the Kwamis.

Tikki spoke, "you can rest in here. I'll make sure no one disturbs you. Take a moment to breathe. I will not say anything other than that you are resting and have acquired the water from the pits." Damian nodded.

Tikki went outside without opening the door. Meanwhile Marinette gathers what happened. She then spoke in a low voice, "Please tell me we didn't get engaged. Please tell me I didn't scream at the leader of the League of assassins."

Damian chuckles, "oh we didn't get engaged but you did scold my mother. It was beautifully done of I say so myself. She was terrified of you. It was amazing. Not many are alive after doing such a thing. Also, uh Thank you for standing up for me even though the topic was due to our marriage."

"Uh No problem I guess. She was a pretty bad mother if I say so myself. How are we going to explain this to our family?"

"We can just say we got captured but as soon as we got the chance, we escaped using Kaalki. No need to mention anything about it."

Marinette nodded and said, "yeah that works. Thanks for the help Damian. You can lie down with me. I don't mind. I can see you are as tired as me."

Damian nodded as yes and laid down. Both were sleeping soundly. (With their clothes on don't think otherwise)

_______

How's this part? I was confused on how will this turn out. I have to say I'm happy with it. But do tell your thoughts.

Thanks for reading!! 💙💙