Chapter 127: Playing Charades

🌨Elsa's Pov🌨
It's been a month since we had freed the Enchanted Forest. We were in the library playing charades and it was my turn. I looked at the word on the paper and then used my magic to make a statue.

"Horse!" Anna guessed. "No? Water Spirit—oh, Nokk!"

Anna had gotten it right.

"Yes!" Anna exclaimed giving me a high five. "That's what I call two sisters, one mind!"

"I don't think that's actually allowed." Kristoff said

"Yes, it is." Anna replied. "Olaf gets to rearrange, so I think that it's only fair that Elsa gets to use her magic."

I picked up another paper from the basket and looked at it. It was a list and all the words on the list had to do with marriage and falling in love. And suddenly I didn't feel like playing anymore.

"I don't feel like playing anymore." I said sadly as I dropped the paper and left the library, went into my room and closed the door behind me.

🌻Anna's Pov🌻
I picked up the paper that Elsa had dropped and read it.

"I think I know what this is about." I tell Kristoff. "I'm gonna go talk to her."

I left the library and went to Elsa's room. I knocked on the door.

🌨Elsa's Pov🌨
Anna knocked on the door.

"Come in." I said

Anna came over and sat next to me on my bed where I was wearing mother's scarf and fiddling with the necklace that I had around my neck that I've worn since I was young.

"Hey, you okay?" Anna asked

I didn't look up at her when she spoke to me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I know that there's something going on with you. You've been acting differently ever since Kristoff and I got engaged." Anna explained. "Are you not happy for us?"

I sighed. "No, I am happy for both of you. I'm happy that you and Kristoff have each other and that you guys are going to get married...it's just that...it's hard to understand... I can't figure out the right way to—..."

Anna looked at me. "Elsa, are you trying to tell me that you want to find someone who will love you the way Kristoff loves me?"

I nodded my head.

"Why didn't you just tell me?" Anna asked. "If we want to find you a husband, then the best way to do it is to throw a ball and invite princes from everywhere. It's a piece of cake."

"It might seem like that to you Anna...but it's really not. I don't want a husband that only wants to marry me for my powers. And I know that there are a lot of princes who would want to do that. What I want is a husband who loves me for me. I want someone who will love me, flaws and all and not just want me for my powers. I want a husband that will understand me and my magic. Besides even if I did find someone who I fell in love with, they would have to be able to withstand the cold from my powers. Let's face it Anna, no one could possibly ever love me."

"That is not true. I bet you out there is someone who will love you. Don't worry... I'll help you with all of it."

"Thanks Anna." I said pulling her into a hug

"No problem." Anna replied. "What's that?" Anna asked gesturing to the necklace I was wearing.

"It's a necklace that my best friend made for me when I was younger." I explained

"I thought I was your best friend." Anna replied

"You are, besides I haven't seen my other friend since I was 18 years old. Sometimes I still think about all the fun times we had when he would visit me in my room and I just wish I knew why he left without saying goodbye."

"He must have meant a lot to you. Especially if you still wear that necklace he made you after all these years."

"Yeah, he did." I replied as tears started to run down my face. "And I even wrote down everything I wanted to do once I finally could control my powers and I was allowed to leave the castle. But we never got to do any of the things on the list that I made before he left and to this day I still think that I'm the reason he left."

"Elsa, I'm sure that's not true. Who knows maybe he'll come back someday."

"I hope so."

I went to bed that night not knowing that I was going to be visited by the last person I expected.