Chapter 71: When you weren't Looking

🌨Elsa's Pov🌨
It was a week since I brought back summer and I had a problem with two brothers who just couldn't get along.
"You filled my waffle cart oven with ice cubes!" One brother yelled
"That's because you swapped my cream with sour milk!" The other brother yelled
"To be fair, Bjarne, you did put a badger in his batter tub." I said
"Only because he hid a beehive in my berry basket!" Bjarne replied
"I would never have done that if you hadn't replaced all my salt with pickling salt!" His brother bickered

Honestly, I couldn't take it anymore.

"I've reached my decision— it is my royal decree that you stay at least thirty feet apart at all times— as usual. Any further pranks will be considered a breach of the ruling. As brothers, you must learn how to get along."
"You better listen to her this time."
"Only if you listen first!"

I heard the brothers say as they left.

"Got a headache?" Anna asked as she walked in with Olaf
"Two headaches, and they both own a waffle cart. I need a new approach for dealing with Bjarne and Bjorn. Why do both brothers have to go into the same business? Their constant arguing is exhausting. I wish I had your unshakable cheer, Anna. How do you manage to stay so upbeat?"
"Well, ever since I was a kid, I didn't bother dwelling on what could go wrong because things just seemed to work out eventually. Even the worst days always seemed to end brighter than they started." "This whole thing reminds me of how much I love waffles. I always looked forward to the special days when Olina would cook them. I remember this one time I overslept... I was so disappointed. I thought I might as well crawl back into bed and wait for the next waffle day—but then I found a hot waffle waiting for me in my room." "And remember that time I wrecked my bike on that bust in the wall?" Anna asked. "Oh, I guess you don't. Anyway, the next day I noticed someone had moved all of the furniture for me. I never found out who..." "Oh! And there used to be this picture of Admiral Nelson in the sitting room... I loved that painting. Mother gave it to the Marquis of Frederborg so he'd import more herring. I was devastated." "Until the new painting showed up that was even better! Not sure who was behind that one either— but I have my suspicions."
"I have a confession to make." "I heard you snoring once on waffle day and knew you'd miss out. My waffle was always brought up for me so I asked for an extra one and sneaked it into your room while you were still downstairs." "I do remember when you crashed your bike, I heard you crying outside my door. I got out of bed when everyone else was asleep and moved the furniture out of the way for you." "Mother didn't know you were so fond of Admiral Nelson. They did commission a new painting, but I made one little suggestion..."
"Hey, that's us! I never noticed before." Anna said pointing to the painting. "You were brightening my days all along... even when I didn't know it."
"We lost so many years." I said to Anna. "How could two brothers fail to see how much they have, just by having each other?" I asked.
"I bet they care more than they think. They do and I know how to prove it. Tell them to meet us in Arendelle square tomorrow and leave the rest to me." Anna said
"I opened my oven door this morning and an owl flew out! I don't know how he stuffed that thing in there but...." Bjarne yelled
"Serves you fight for tell the whole kingdom I'm offering a 100% discount!" Bjorn yelled back
"Look, Anna's here." I told the brothers
"Bjarne, Bjorn... I asked around Arendelle and some of your neighbors have a few things to say." Anna said
"You paid me to knit for your brother's dog and asked me not to tell him." A woman said
"Well, I'm not going to let the poor thing shiver."
"I wondered where he got that sweater."
"I saw you leave a casserole for your brother only two days ago." A man said
"Those casseroles were coming from you?"
"You never have time to cook for yourself."
"I secretly buy from both of you and combine my waffles. Have you ever tried berries and cream together?"
"Say... maybe we've got something here."
"Perhaps we should have been partners all along.
"Maybe they should name their stand The Bickering Bro's." Anna said

That made me laugh.

"So what's for dinner?" Anna asked
"Anything but waffles." I replied. "Anything but waffles."