Chapter 16: The Visitors

🌨Elsa's Pov🌨
It was a beautiful day in the little kingdom of Arendelle, and not one, not two, but three visiting ships were anchored in the harbor. Father and Mother proudly stood in the castle courtyard and greeted our guests. If all went well, then Arendelle would have three new partners in trade by the end of the visit. Upstairs, me and Anna stared in disbelief at our breakfast.

"We get chocolate just because there are some fancy visitors?" Anna asked.
"I suppose we could refuse to eat it," I teased.
"No!" Anna chomped on her chocolate croissant. "Elsa, can we play with the magic?"
"We're supposed to stay in our room and not disturb the guests," I said.
"Elsa, PLEEEEEASE?" Anna begged. "We can hide. They won't even see us! And besides, the castle is so clean now, and if you don't do the magic, then it's like the shiny floors will be wasted—"
"Okay!" I interrupted. "Let's play, but we have to be very quiet."

Together, we sneaked out into the castle's grand hallway. Father and Mother were still outside in the gardens with the visitors, so I raised my hands high into the air— Whoosh! The floors and railings instantly froze with glistening ice.

"Whee!" shouted Anna. She slid across the floor.

When father and mother came indoors with our visitors, Anna and I quickly sneaked away. Nobody saw us!