Chapter 75: Triple-Double Fudge Sundaes

🌻Anna's Pov🌻
      The Spy Pig plan had been a huge success.
Me and Elsa were lying in matching collapsed heaps on a grassy patchy of the royal gardens. We were covered in an absurd amount of mud, and I was pretty sure even my bruises had bruises. And Spy Pig had long since fled, disappearing back toward the castle and abandoning his very important spy missions.
      But it had been great fun and an entire afternoon's diversion, and that was what mattered. My plan to share all kinds of with Elsa was well on its way. So much fun experiences that everyone should enjoy with someone they loved, all crammed into two days, culminating on the second night in the most fantastic ball Arendelle had ever seen!
      And that was where the diversion came in. I wanted the ball to be a surprise, and secret dances took a lot of preparation. To that end, I had managed to get Elsa outside for an entire afternoon so the castle staff could make plans, prepare the music and guest list, order the banners and special desserts, and then hide everything away. Then, when Elsa returned to the castle, she would be none the wiser.
      But I couldn't let Elsa know that she was purposefully being kept from the castle. There was still so much to do!
      "Okay," I said, "maybe Spy Pig wasn't the sneakiest of spies. Maybe..."
      Elsa responded with a groan. "Maybe? It was seen by everyone in the entire village! It would have been more spy-like  if it had been singing and dancing through the square! Despite our best efforts, I don't think that pig is destined to be a shadow boar."
"I think you're probably right," I said, getting to my feet. "So what do we do now?"
Elsa hesitated. "Now?"
"There's so much more for us to do!" I exclaimed. "So many games and adventures and all sorts of things. Let's not stop now!" I grabbed my sister's hands eagerly. "Think about all the things you ever wanted to do! With me! Together! We could learn how to duel, jump rope, attend a carnival, eat triple-double-fudge sundaes..."
Elsa looked at me with a serious expression. "I was hiding in my room. I wasn't dead. I ate many triple-double-fudge sundaes."
I smiled. "But not with me!"
Elsa paused for thought. She looked as if maybe she wanted to argue against my impeccable logic. But then she sighed, and I knew I had my sister convinced.
"Okay...okay," Elsa said with a small laugh. "It's a lot to do. So... I guess we better get started.