Chapter 130: Chosen as Guardians

🌨️Elsa's Pov🌨️
It's now been a few months later, and Anna and Kristoff are officially married. Jack has now been living in the castle with us. Speaking of Jack, he had to leave a little while ago to go to the North Pole. I was asleep in my bed and then woke up when I heard the window open thinking that it was Jack, instead I was picked up tossed into a sack and through a magic portal. I hit the floor with a thud. I crawled out of the sack and other than Anna, Kristoff, Bruni, Glacier, Sven, and Eira, there was no one else here. I knew exactly where we were though, we were at the North Pole.

Suddenly Jack, the other guardians, and our cousin Rapunzel, her husband Eugene, and 2 other people who we never met arrived.

"Elsa, what are you doing here? Jack asked

"I don't know."

"Can I look at their teeth?" Tooth asked

"Tooth, what did we tell you about personal space." Jack reminded her

"Fine."

I suddenly felt something touch my hand. I looked behind me to see that a dragon had front of his face pressed against my palm.

"Aww...Toothless likes you." The boy with the metal leg said.

"Toothless?" Kristoff asked. "I thought he had teeth.

"I'm Hiccup." The boy said. "And he does, they're retractable."

"I'm glad that Toothless likes me but fire and I don't exactly get along."

"What are you talking about Elsa?" Anna asked. "You and Bruni get along great."

"Bruni is a tiny salamander, Toothless is a big dragon. I'm sure me and Toothless will eventually get along, but right now I'd like to know why I was brought here in the middle of the night."

We were told by North that we were chosen by the Man in the Moon to be guardians and everyone was okay with the idea except me.

"I'm sorry, there has to be some sort of mistake." I told them. "I can't be a guardian. I have a kingdom to rule, people who rely on me, and an enchanted forest that needs to be protected."

"Elsa, I'm sure Arendelle can get along fine without us for a little while." Kristoff said

"Kristoff's right, besides being a guardian could be fun." Anna replied. "But that isn't the reason why you don't want to be a guardian, is it?"

"No." I said as I got up from the couch in the living room and started walking away.

"Alright, so tell me, why don't you want to be a guardian?" Anna said walking towards me

"You wouldn't understand." I replied looking at my sister

"You promised that you wouldn't shut me out, so just tell me why you're so afraid."

"Because I have this stupid curse and the only reason I have it is because of Grandfather."

"Elsa, your powers are not a curse." Jack told me

"Yes, they are...if I didn't have them, then mama and papa would still be here."

"I told you before and I'm going to tell you again, you are not responsible for their choices." Anna reminded me

"No, just their deaths." I said as I started to walk away with my arms crossed like I did whenever I felt guilty about something.

I felt tears in my eyes and had a hard time looking Anna in the eyes when she came over to me. "No, stop. Remember what I said at the shipwreck, I said that Yelena asked why would the spirits reward Arendelle with a magical queen... because our mother saved our father, she saved her enemy, her good deed was rewarded with you...you are a gift."

"A gift for what, all I ever do is hurt people!" I shouted as tears started to fall

"Elsa, that's not true." Anna said

"Really Anna, that's not true....It's my fault that you got hurt and almost died twice. It's my fault that I almost killed everyone in the kingdom and it's my fault that mother and father are dead at the bottom of the dark sea."

"They made the choices that they did because they wanted to find answers about your powers so that they could help us be together again."

I just shook my head. "The only reason mother and father had to cross the dark sea to get to Ahtohallan in the first place was to find answers about me and my stupid powers! It's my fault that after I hurt you that I had to spend the next 13 years of my life living in fear of myself and what I had become! And even now after I learned how to control my powers, found the truth about the past when I went to Ahtohallan, and became the fifth spirit of the Enchanted Forest I'm still living in fear that I might one day lose control of my powers again and hurt the people that I love!"

"I'm sorry Elsa. I didn't mean to upset you."

"I know... I know, I just want to be alone for a little while."

"Alright."

🥶Jack's Pov🥶
I could tell that Anna felt bad about upsetting Elsa.

"Why don't I try talking to Elsa?" I told Anna. "I talked to Elsa a lot when she was growing up whenever she got upset with her powers."

"It's worth a shot." Kristoff said

"Do you know where she might be?" I asked

"When she likes to be alone she goes to her ice castle that she built on the North Mountain on the day of her coronation, when she ran away after everyone found out about her powers."

"I'll bring Elsa back when I'm done talking to her."