Chapter 128: Reunion

🥶Jack's Pov🥶
It's been 6 years since I last saw Elsa. I still feel guilty about leaving her, but what she doesn't know is that I did it for her. Now that Pitch was finally gone, I knew I wouldn't have to worry about anything happening to Elsa. So I decided that it was time I went to see her again especially since I missed her but also because I owe her an apology and an explanation as to why I left. I just hoped that she still believed in me. When I arrived in Arendelle I went to her room and quietly snuck in through the window thinking she wouldn't hear me coming in...she did.

🌨Elsa's Pov🌨
I was tossing and turning in my sleep as I thought about the conversation Anna and I had before bed. I woke up right away when I heard the window open and then close and I knew that someone was here.

"Who's there?!" I asked as I formed ice in my hands.

When no one responded I repeated myself. "I'm being serious. Show yourself or I will shoot." I demand with authority

"It's been 6 years since I last saw you, snowflake. I'm surprised you didn't forget about me." The person said

"J-Jack? Is that really you?" I asked as I turned the knob on the nightstand lamp and the lamp turned on.

"Yeah, it's me Elsa. I'm so sorry that I left, but I promise that I have a perfectly good expla—...."

I jumped out of my bed and ran over to hug Jack, not even bothering to know what he was going to say.

"I missed you so much." I said as I could feel myself trying not to cry

"I missed you too."

Jack pulled out of the hug and looked at me.

"What?" I asked

"You've grown so much since I last saw you."

"And I see you haven't." I replied to Jack

"That's just one of the perks of being immortal. I'm really sorry that I left but it was the only way for me to keep you safe."

"From Pitch?" I asked

"Yeah." He replied. "Look, Elsa. I don't blame you if you never want to talk to me again. I wanted to tell you that I had to leave in order to keep you safe from Pitch Black but I knew that if I did that I would've just made your fear worse and so I didn't."

"I'm not mad at you Jack. I understand why you didn't tell me, I would have done the same thing if I had been in your position."

"Good, I was nervous about coming to see you again because I thought that you would be mad and that you wouldn't believe in me anymore. I'm really glad that you still believe in me."

"I just wish that I hadn't been afraid of my powers back then because then you wouldn't have had to leave to keep me safe from Pitch. Pitch only came after me because I was so afraid of my powers. The only reason that you had to leave all those years ago was because of me." I said feeling guilty

Jack noticed my facial expression and saw that I felt guilty. "No Elsa, do not blame yourself. You are not the reason why I left. Pitch was the reason that I left. I didn't want to leave you especially since I had spent your whole childhood with you but if I had stayed with you when I knew that Pitch was after you and something bad ended up happening to you and it had been my fault then I never would've been able to forgive myself.

"So you didn't leave because of you?"

"No, I left for you not because of you. You and I had so much fun hanging out together when you were growing up. Nothing made me more excited than when I knew that it was finally safe to come back and see you again."

"Okay."

"So what did I miss after I left?" Jack asked and then he noticed my hands. "I see that you aren't wearing gloves anymore."

"Yeah, I learned to control my powers and I reunited with Anna."

"That's great. I'm happy for you. Now you, Anna, and your parents can all be together again."

When Jack said that I started to cry again as I realized that he had left before my parents had died and therefore he didn't know.

"Elsa, Did I do something wrong?"Jack asked when he noticed that I had started crying. "Tell me what happened so I can fix what I did."

"You didn't do anything wrong. Besides It's not something that you or anyone can ever fix."

"I don't understand." Jack said. "What can't be fixed?"

"Jack, my parents died 6 years ago. It happened a few days after you left."

Jack's eyes widened. "Oh Elsa, I'm so sorry. I never should have left you no matter how much danger I would have put you in. I should have been here for you when your parents died."

"You were just doing what you thought was best to keep me safe as my guardian. It's not your fault that you didn't know. 3 years after my parents died I was crowned Queen of Arendelle and Anna wanted to marry a man she just met that day named Prince Hans of the Southern Isles. When I didn't give them my blessing she ripped my glove off my hand and after I started walking away she said that she didn't want to live like in the castle with the gates closed anymore and I told her to leave then she asked me what did she ever do to me, why I shut her out, why I shut the world out, and what was I so afraid of. Anna pushed me to my breaking point and I ended up lashing out and revealing my powers to the whole kingdom. I was so afraid that I ran across the fjord and to the north mountain not knowing that I had sent Arendelle into eternal winter. When I climbed up the north mountain I finally realized that I didn't have to hide my powers anymore and I could just let it go. I even rebuilt Olaf, the snowman that Anna and I made when we were kids." I told Jack just before I yawned and started to struggle with keeping my eyes open.

"I think it's time for you to go back to sleep." Jack said

"But there's still so much to tell you about."

"I know, and you can finish telling me all about it ...tomorrow. After you've had a good night sleep."

"Alright." I replied climbing back into my bed.

"Good night, and I'm sorry for sneaking into your room, Queen Elsa." Jack said bowing

"Jack?" I said getting his attention. "You've known me since I was a little girl. It's just Elsa."

"Good night Elsa."

"Good night Jack."