Chapter 31: The Story of Jack Frost

🌨Elsa's Pov🌨
Anna and I jumped onto my bed later that night and waited for our nightly bedtime story that mama or papa would always tell us before we went to sleep. Mama and papa came in and Anna and I got excited like we did every night.

"What kind of story do you want me to tell you tonight?" Mama asked

"A story about a princess and prince who go on a daring adventure together and fall in love." Anna replied

"I want to hear a story about someone who has magic...someone like me."

"Elsa, you're the only one who has your kind of magic." Anna told me. "You're one of a kind."

"Thanks Anna." I said hugging her

"Actually Elsa's not the only one with her type of powers." Papa said correcting Anna

"I'm not." I asked as I felt tears welling up in my eyes at the thought of there being someone else out there who is just like me

"Yes, how about I tell you girls the story of Jack Frost?"

"Tell us, tell us." Anna begged mama

"Once upon a time there was a young boy named Jackson Overland. He had brown hair and brown eyes and lived with his mother and younger sister. One day he took his sister ice skating on the lake not knowing that the ice was not completely frozen. The ice started to break underneath his little sister so he took a shepherd staff and used it to switch places with his little sister. Unfortunately the ice broke under him causing him to fall in and drown. But due to the selfless act that he made by sacrificing himself to save his sister, the man in the moon chose him to become a guardian 300 years later. When he rose out of the frozen lake his appearance had changed from brown hair and brown eyes to white hair and blue eyes and he was given the ability to control and create ice and snow...he's just like you Elsa. They say that if you believe in the guardians that you will be able to see them and if you believe in Jack Frost, you might just even see him when he brings winter around the world."

"Whoa... mama that was an epic story." Anna told her as papa tucked her into her bed. "Do you and papa believe in Jack Frost?"

"Yes, your mother and I both believe in Jack Frost. We'll answer any other questions that you have about him tomorrow." Papa answered

"Can you tell the story again tomorrow night?" I asked mama

Maybe, now it's time for you to go to sleep." Mama replied kissing my forehead

"Mama?" I called as she was about to walk out of our room door

"Yes, my little snow?" Mama replied

"Do you think that I'll meet Jack Frost one day?" I asked curiously

"Yes, I think you will meet him someday."

Later that night I dreamt about meeting Jack Frost.

🌻Anna's Pov🌻
I got up in the middle of the night and went to sit on the window seat to wait for the northern lights to appear in the sky when I noticed that frost was spreading out on the other side of the window in the shape of a bunny. My mind immediately went back to the story about Jack Frost that mama had told us before bed.

"Jack Frost?" I whispered

All of a sudden, a white haired blue eyed boy was floating outside the window so I opened it and let him in.

"You can see me?"

"Yes, it's nice to meet you Jack Frost. I'm Princess Anna of Arendelle."

"It's very nice to meet you princess."