Chapter 78: Octopus Monster

🌻Anna's Pov🌻
      After the pillow battle, I had convinced Elsa to go out to the fjord and use her ice powers to make sculptures on the surface of the water. Each one was an amazing work of art, made all the more beautiful by how quickly it melted in the warm  summer ocean. And us spending time together at the fjord was especially perfect, as I knew that the masterpiece of all the celebratory desserts I had ordered, a gigantic tiered cake, would be arriving at the castle at any minute. I just needed to keep Elsa away for a little while longer, while the cake was delivered and the great hall was decorated. Then, at nightfall, I could lead my sister to the dance and surprise her with cake and decorations and music and laughter. It would be the perfect end to this perfect couple of days.
The problem was that Elsa had just received an important document from a court page and was rushing through the village and back toward the castle entrance.
"Elsa! Wait!" I called after my sister. Elsa turned just as twelve strong men carrying what must have been the world's largest cake slowly emerged around the corner of a nearby building.
"Anna," Elsa responded, "this is important—"
I practically defied the laws of gravity, leaping to where my sister was standing and turning her by the shoulders just as a parade of streamer-wielding event planners followed the cake-carrying men into view.
"But we have to hurry and go..." I emphasized as I looked past Elsa and tried to signal the cake and streamer people, "somewhere else! A place where things..." I tried desperately to think of something I could say that would keep my sister from turning and seeing the massive cake and the streamers... and also the troupe of musicians who had decided that it was a great time to step outside and take in the air of Arendelle.
Elsa started to turn. I did the only thing I could think of. "Look out!" I yelled, pointing into the sky. "Octopus monster!"
Elsa looked up. "What? How...? Anna... what are you yelling about? There's no octopus monster in the sky."
The last of the party people had seemed to take the hint and retreated out of sight. I breathed a huge sigh of relief.
"Right," I said as Elsa looked at me as if I were the craziest of crazy people. "Good thing you were here to scare it off. Whoo..."
Elsa shook her head and turned back to the castle.
It was going to be a long afternoon before the ball finally happened, I thought.