Chapter 72: Phantom Catching

🌻Anna's Pov🌻
I was holding a ghost! Me and my sister, Elsa, had been tracking the phantom for hours, following it through the secret passageways hidden inside Arendelle's castle walls. Then Elsa ha created a giant ice slide to catch up to the phantom... and it had worked! Unfortunately, me, Elsa, and the captured spirit were now rocketing down the slippery ice slide— with no way to stop.
      This was not how I had expected to spend my day. Right then I was supposed to be throwing a massive ball in Elsa's honor. I had been planing it for days, right under Elsa's nose. Streamers and cake and chocolates and musicians and everything! It had taken all my effort to keep my sister distracted, out of the castle, and away from her duties as queen of Arendelle during the setup. And now we were trapped in these hidden hallways and would miss the dance anyway!
Ahead, I could see that the passage was coming to a dead end. Us and the phantom shot toward the bottom of the slide, and Elsa created a huge snowbank to stop us before we hit the oncoming castle wall. I considered the snowbank and the wall just behind it. "It'll be just like a pillow," I reminded myself. But that wall looked very solid, and it was coming up fast.
Only one thing was certain: what had started as a simple plan for a surprise dance became something much crazier.