Chapter 97: The Real Phantom

🌨Elsa's Pov🌨
      I had tried to be subtle about gathering a small contingent of guards, but word spread like wildfire through the crowd. No one wanted to miss whatever exciting thing was planned next for this very unusual celebration, and now all the guests gathered around the mirror where Anna and I had entered the secret passages.
      "All right," I commanded. "Everyone stay back. There is something in these walls, and no one is quite sure what it is. All we know is that it is real. So, everyone, please stay back for your own safety. Olaf, would you please show us how to open the mirror?"
      Olaf knocked on the wall next to the mirror, but nothing happened. "Huh," he said. "That worked before." He tried again, rapping his stick arms against the stone. Still nothing. "Must be stuck," he concluded.
       The guards came forward with crowbars to force the hidden door open. As they moved into position, Anna leaned in. "Elsa, are you sure we need to do this? I mean, I know I was the one who was all insistent about the walls being haunted and whatnot, but we were in there for hours, and there was nothing— "
      Knock, knock, knock. A mysterious sound came from behind the mirror.
      "I knew it!" Olaf shouted happily. "The phantoms are finally answering!"
      I nodded to the guard. "Open it...and be ready."
      With a quick motion, the guards pried the door fully open. The entire gathering watched with breathless anticipation.
Nothing.
"Hmmm," I said, turning to Anna. "I suppose that bit will remain a mystery after all—"
I was interrupted by a loud shriek. A squeal, really. A very familiar squeal. A squeal that sounded just like...
"Spy Pig!" Anna yelled as the animal bounded out of the hidden passageway. "That's where you've been!"
      "But how... how did we not see him? At all!" I responded. "We went everywhere inside those passages!"
      Anna hugged the pig. "Because he finally learned to blend with the darkness, just like a mighty shadow boar! Yay, Spy Pig!"
      And with that, me, Anna, Olaf, Spy Pig led the way back to the great hall, where everyone agreed: it was the greatest ghost and pig attended double surprise dinner dance in history.