Chapter 18: Worth It

🌨Elsa's Pov🌨
Suddenly, we heard the guests approaching outside the ballroom.

"Uh-oh!" I said, startled. "We better stop!"
"They almost saw us!" Anna chirped.

Neither of us wanted to get into trouble, so we raced back to our room. Meanwhile, down in the ballroom, father and mother gasped when they saw the snowy hills and the—

"Oof!" The baroness slipped and landed in a pile of snow.
"Oh, dear," mother said. She and father rushed to help the baroness.
"Snow angels!" the baroness cried out. "I love snow angels. What a delightful surprise!"
"I say," the baron chuckled. "The kingdom of Arendelle stops at nothing to please its visitors!"

Soon everyone was enjoying the snow and the decor. Father and mother could not have been more delighted to see our visitors having so much fun. All the guests wanted to do business with Arendelle, which clearly was a very happy and sophisticated kingdom. After the visitors had gone to their guest rooms for the evening, father and mother came to check on us. Both of us appeared to be sleeping soundly. But as soon as we were alone, our eyes popped open.

"Elsa, do you wanna play?" Anna asked.
"Anna, we can't! We're already going to be in a ton of trouble tomorrow," I said.
Anna leaned back onto her pillow and sighed. "Still—"
"It was so worth it!" we said together.